The Eris Sub8 is the first subwoofer to join the lauded and best-selling Eris studio monitor line. PreSonus called it Eris because it’s been designed from the ground up to be part of the family; it compliments the voicing and frequency response of the modern Eris classics. The single best subwoofer you can get to put a little boom in your room!
PreSonus E Sub 8 Studio Subwoofer Features
- 8-inch, front-firing, paper-composite low-frequency transducer with high-elastisity rubber surround
- Class AB amplifier: 100W peak (50W RMS) power
- Input gain control (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable)
- Continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz)
- Defeatable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Eris Sub8 outputs to the main speakers
- Left and right, balanced 1/4-inch TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs
- Left and right balanced 1/4-inch TRS and unbalanced RCA pass-through outputs for connecting satellite speakers
- Polarity invert switch
- Protection: RF interference, Output-current limiting, Over-temperature, Turn-on/off transient, Subsonic filter, External mains fuse
The surprisingly loud 100-Watt Eris Sub8 drops down to a molar-rattling 30Hz, allowing you to both rock harder and produce better mixes, as you’ll be hearing an accurate representation of your work. Thanks to robust configuration and I/O, you’ll be able to tailor your Eris Sub8 configuration exactly to your mixing and listening needs. You can connect your existing monitors via 1/4” TRS or RCA, set the input level to your liking, and even invert the polarity.
Most importantly, you get a High Pass Filter and a Low Pass Crossover control that ensures your Sub8 starts working at the precise low-frequency point where your main monitors stop working. This makes sure you avoid the flubbery, smudged, low-end mess that one hears in redundant, duplicate, redundant bass reproduction that occurs without a crossover.