The guitar that Paul Reed Smith took to his first tradeshow in 1985, the Custom 24, is back with a whole new flavor!
The PRS 2011 Custom 24 10-Top Electric Guitar has been updated for 2011 with a V12 finish, a Pattern Thin mahogany neck, and uncovered 59/09 pickups wired for PRS's redesigned 5-way blade switch, which gives you a dual humbucker option for the first time.
PRS 2011 Custom 24 10-Top Electric Guitar Features
- Uncovered PRS 59/09 humbuckers for that great thick tone
- Pattern Thin mahogany neck gives a ultra comfortable playing experience
- PRS 5-way blade switch gives a dual humbucker combo for the first time
- V12 finish enhances the look, sound and feel of this guitar
- Mahogany body with a gorgeous figured maple 10-top
- 24 fret East Indian rosewood fingerboard
Finish should enhance the look, sound, and feel of a guitar by accentuating the wood’s inherent beauty and feel without hindering its natural resonance. And PRS Guitars' V12 finish does just that. Introduced at Experience PRS 2010, V12 is a very thin, hard, and clear finish that will not crack or react with thinners. After roughly 12 years in development, it is halfway between acrylic and nitro but with a classic feel all its own. 'PRS models with this new finish feel like old instruments,'
said Paul Reed Smith
Pattern Thin Neck Shape
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of their quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like home, as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. The 'Pattern Thin' neck is an updated version of PRS's traditional Wide Thin neck. This neck shape reflects modern tooling and programming that allows Paul Reed Smith to even more precisely shape and consistently reproduce their necks.