The QSC PLX3102 Lightweight Power Amplifier is an impressive power amp that combines up to 3,100 watts with an easily transportable weight of 21 pounds!
The QSC PLX3102 is a premium quality, high-power amplifier that is designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight technology, the PLX3102 amplifier combines light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, the lightweight PLX3102 amplifier is capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
Purchase a PLX Series Amplifier from AMS and Recieve QSC's
after registering your product at QSC.com
Two ways to get PLX2 performance
The 02 models (PLX1802, PLX2502, PLX3102 and PLX3602) are the right choice for users who need to drive up to four loudspeakers from each amplifier channel (2 ohm loading), or when extremely high power bridge mono operation is required. These models feature built-in subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of bridge mono status.
QSC PLX2 Series Features:
- Very light weight (21 pounds/9.5 kg)
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators
- Speakon NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending
- Speakon NL4 and binding post outputs
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from over-excursion damage
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters
- Four models with power ratings up to 1800 watts per channel @ 2 ohms, 3600 watts bridged @ 4 ohms
PLX2 series amplifiers have the refined, rugged good looks usually associated with high performance racing cars, competition bikes, professional power tools, and high power machinery. A solid, cast-aluminum front panel adds professional style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without scraping the installers fingers on the rack sides. The exterior appearance of PLX2 amplifiers conveys what's inside - simply and truly, 21 pounds of the most advanced professional power amp on the planet.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs. / 9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 60 energy pulses per second. The PowerLight supply delivers 100,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't sag so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven. The higher power models use QSC-exclusive class H output circuitry, a form of audio turbocharging
that increases maximum power without affecting the basic audio quality.