Meet the Roland SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer that’s probably unlike any you’ve encountered before. At its heart is Roland’s new Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, which Roland uses to carefully analyze every aspect of analog circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology creates a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synth tones. The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but has an innovative design with performance-ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights, knobs and sliders.
Roland System-1 Variable Synthesizer Features
- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced arpeggiator with Scatter function
- Scatter jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- -12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated delay and reverb effects
- Tempo syncing for LFO and delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal-sized keys
- Comfortable to play, yet the most compact Roland synth ever
Back in the 1970s, Roland launched the SYSTEM 100, SYSTEM 100M, and the now almost mythical SYSTEM 700. These modular and semi-modular synthesizers are heralded to this day for their flexibility and character of sound. In the spirit of its predecessors, the SYSTEM-1 breaks new ground with remarkable flexibility and access to a vast palette of tones with the bold, unmistakable character associated with Roland synthesizers for nearly four decades.
Plug In and PLUG-OUT
The SYSTEM-1 can control—and even host—software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That’s right—the SYSTEM-1 gives you access to plug-in versions of legendary Roland synths, and they can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself, with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1’s internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. Roland calls this wizardry ‘PLUG-OUT.’
We think you’ll be excited too once you experience the supreme authenticity of the upcoming SH-101 soft synth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let’s be honest: who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland? And the SH-101 is just the beginning—more PLUG-OUT synths are on the way.
A Few More Things
The SYSTEM-1 looks great, and is designed to work seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series. In addition, you can connect the SYSTEM-1 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive both audio and MIDI data, including MIDI clock information to sync with external devices and other AIRA units.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.