The TD-50X is Roland’s most advanced V-Drums module ever, featuring over 900 premium sounds and full support for our groundbreaking digital snare, ride, and hi-hat pads. Prismatic Sound Modeling brings you the most acoustic-like experience available in electronic drumming, offering incredible depth, dimension, and detail with authentic sound and natural response. Three inputs are provided for digital pads, along with a wide array of analog trigger inputs for our entire range of traditional pads. Deep editing tools make it easy to craft your personal sound, while extensive pro connectivity lets you tackle everything from multitrack computer recording to full-scale arena shows.
Roland TD50X V-Drums Sound Module Features
- Flagship V-Drums sound module with Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modeling and PureAcoustic Ambience technologies
- Over 900 premium sounds on board, including many new kick, snare, hi-hat, tom, and cymbal selections
- Three digital trigger inputs for connecting advanced Roland pads like the PD-140DS digital snare, CY-18DR digital ride, and VH-14D digital hi-hat
- Up to 14 TRS analog trigger inputs available for standard Roland V-Pads, V-Cymbals, and trigger pads*
- Ready-to-play presets based on legendary and contemporary drum kit sounds, purposefully tuned for full, punchy, and dynamic sound
- Hands-on interface for quick selection and deep customization of drum sounds
- Massive selection of studio-grade effects, including EQs, compressors, reverbs, multi-effects, and more
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outputs provide balanced connections to a PA mixer
- Integrated 32-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for professional computer music production
- Mix input for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
*The TD-50X has a total of 14 trigger assignments that are shared between the digital and analog trigger inputs. When a connected digital pad is assigned to a specific sound, it takes priority over an analog trigger assigned to the same sound.
Prismatic Sound Modeling: Feel the Difference
The Prismatic Sound Modeling in the TD-50X makes electronic drums come to life like no other system can, infusing multi-layer samples recorded in world-class studios with sophisticated behavior modeling techniques refined over more than two decades. Inspired by a prism—which refracts a single ray of light into every color in the spectrum—our revolutionary approach produces an unlimited array of sonic colors with every stick hit. The initial attack is followed by a complex mix of rich overtones, just like playing acoustic drums and cymbals. You can feel the sound changing in reaction to your expression, creating that magical, interactive bond that fully immerses you in the emotion of the moment. From subtle ghost notes and detailed articulations to the loudest and most intense playing, your drumming has no boundaries with the TD-50X.
Roland Digital Pads: A Revolution in Electronic Drumming
The TD-50X features three special USB trigger inputs for Roland digital pads, allowing you to take full advantage of Prismatic Sound Modeling’s vast expressive potential. Multi-sensor detection in our PD140-DS snare, CY-18DR ride, and VH-14D hi-hat pads works with lightning-fast processing in the module to bring authentic acoustic nuance and detail to these core kit pieces. All your playing techniques translate seamlessly, such as subtly touching the ride to mute the sound or switching at will between head, rimshot, and cross stick playing on the snare.