A streamlined V-Drums Acoustic Design, the VAD103 captures the vibe and feel of a traditional acoustic set, complete with shallow-depth wood drum shells. V-Drums set the standard, and the VAD103 upholds that tradition with unbeatable durability, precision sensing and sound, class-leading pad designs, and behavior modeling technology developed over decades of R&D.
Roland VAD103 V-Drums Acoustic Design Drums Features
- TD-07 module with 25 preset kits, 25 user kits, and 143 instruments
- V-Edit, EQ, ambience, and 30 multi-effects offer deep editing tools to create your perfect drum kit sounds
- Snare and tom pads with Roland’s legendary double-ply, tension-adjustable mesh drumheads
- PDA120LS-BK 12-inch snare pad, with independent head and rim zones for assigning different sounds, mounts on a conventional snare drum stand
- 1 x PDA100L-BK 10-inch rack tom pad and 1 x PDA120L-BK 12-inch floor tom pad with independent head and rim zones for assigning different sounds
- 18-inch KD-180L-BK kick drum with trigger pad mounted to a drumhead provides positive beater resistance, rebound, and real feel
- Chrome-finished, double-braced cymbal and cymbal/tom combination stands feature durable ball clamps to easily adjust pad heights and angles, with secure and sturdy mounting
- Integrated Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream sound from phones, tablets, and other Bluetooth devices and send MIDI data to music apps
- Advanced built-in metronome with the ability to adjust time signature, note value, and click tone
- Onboard Coach function provides interactive tools to build timing skills and track progress
- USB for recording audio and MIDI data to computer music software
- Support for kit expansion with a second crash cymbal (V-Cymbal and DBS-10 cymbal stands sold separately)
- 40 free lessons with Melodics, an interactive drum tuition app for PC/Mac computers and iPad
Keep the noise down with Roland’s acclaimed double-ply mesh heads and a smart air-damping system in the kick drum, and then let loose when it’s showtime. Stay focused with a streamlined tom layout or express yourself with a full array of cymbals. Mount the VAD103’s large drum and cymbal pads to regular stands to accompany the 18-inch kick drum for a classic acoustic kit vibe, and set it up anywhere in your home thanks to the compact footprint. Go beyond acoustic drums with the TD-07 module offering authentic kits for every musical style, deep editing for creating your signature sound, a built-in Coach mode for developing your technique, plus Bluetooth connectivity for drumming along to your favorite bands—streamed from your phone, tablet, or computer.
The latest generation of V-Drums:
In 1997, Roland pioneered electronic drum kits as we know them today and ever since, V-Drums lead the way when it comes to innovation. Often imitated but never bettered, V-Drums set the standard by which all other electronic drum sets are measured, and the VAD103 upholds that tradition with unbeatable durability, precision sensing and sound, class-leading pad designs, and behavior modeling technology developed over decades of R&D. As part of the acclaimed V-Drums Acoustic Design series, the electronic drumming experience goes deeper with real wood shells and acoustic drum presence. With the VAD103, you get a truly exciting and unique drumming experience—not just a simulation.
Bigger pads, better feel, smaller footprint:
Generally, larger drums mean better performance—until you realise your new full-size kit takes up more space than you have available. The VAD103 is the perfect balance of playability, pad size, and compact footprint. An 18-inch kick provides that satisfying ‘push’ as your foot activates the beater but is purposefully shallow for where space is tight.
Roland VAD103 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit Configuration
Drum sound module: TD-07 x 1
Snare: PDA120LS-BK x 1
Tom: PDA100L-BK x 1 (*2)
Floor Tom: PDA120L-BK x 1 (*2)
Hi-hat: VH-10 x 1
Crash: CY-12C x 1
Ride: CY-13R x 1
Kick: KD-180L-BK x 1
Drum combination stand: DCS-10 x 2
All purpose clamp: APC-10 x 1
Note: *1 Kick pedal, a snare stand, a hi-hat stand, and a drum throne sold separately.
Note: *2 Rim-shot is not supported.