The Royer R-10-MP is a matched pair of R-10 passive mono ribbon microphones. The R-10 is designed for use in the studio and on live stages. Hand-built in Royer's Burbank California factory, the R-10’s sound and performance are all-Royer and it handles SPLs of up to 160 dB @ 1 kHz. The R-10’s compact size and mounting system allows for flexible, unobtrusive positioning.
The R-10’s 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon element is formed with our our patented direct-corrugation process and is protected by a 3-layer windscreen system and internally shock-mounted ribbon transducer. The ribbon transducer is wired for humbucking to reject electromagnetically induced noise.
The R-10’s built-in windscreen provides superior protection from air blasts and plosives. It also reduces proximity effect (bass buildup from close miking) so guitar cabinets and acoustic instruments can be close-miked with less bass buildup. The R-10’s internally shock-mounted ribbon transducer isolates the ribbon element from shocks and vibrations, increasing the ribbon element’s durability.
The R-10 utilizes a David Royer custom designed transformer for high overload threshold, minimizing saturation at even extremely high sound pressure levels. You’ll never overload an R-10! The mic’s open grill design minimizes standing waves and associated comb-filtering effects and its smooth frequency response, phase linearity and lack of self-distortion make it ideal for all digital recording and live sound formats.
Royer Labs R-10-MP Large Element Passive Mono Ribbon Mic Matched Pair Features
- High SPL capability for electric guitar, brass and other close miking applications
- Multi-layered wind screen provides superior protection to ribbon element
- Internally shock-mounted ribbon transducer gives increased durability
- Passive design and custom transformer minimize high SPL overload
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, “ringing” and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of the element
- Recommended Applications:
- Close miking in the studio and on live stages
- Electric & acoustic guitars
- Drum overheads, kick drum (see manual for position), room miking
- Percussion instruments
- Brass, horn sections
- Strings - solo & sections
- Acoustic piano