The SF-2-MP matched pair is a compact, monaural, phantom powered active ribbon microphone, exhibiting flat frequency response and a well balanced, panoramic soundfield. The SF-2 has superb transient response due to its low-mass 1.8-micron ribbon element. Frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbon, and off-axis coloration is negligible.
The heart of the SF-2 is its ribbon transducer’s proprietary cross- field motor assembly. Comprised of four powerful Neodymium magnets and Permendur iron pole pieces, the cross-field design assures the shortest front-to-rear ribbon path length for maximum high frequency response. The SF-2’s active electronics produce an output comparable to studio condenser microphones, while providing an optimum load to the ribbon at all times. The low output impedance of the SF-2 enables it to operate with any microphone pre-amplifier of average gain and impedance characteristics, and makes it suitable for use with long cable runs.
Royer Labs SF-2-MP Ribbon Microphone Matched Pair Features
- Operates from standard 48-volt simplex power
- Active electronics provide high output capability
- Extremely low self noise
- Ribbon element not affected by load presented to microphone
- Ribbon element unaffected by heat or humidity
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance to sound source
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Recommended Applications:
- Choir, Orchestra, String Sections
- Overhead & Distance Miking
- Brass Instruments - Horn Sections
- Woodwinds, Flute & other reed instruments
- Acoustic Piano, Harp
- Violin, Cello & other stringed instruments
- Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo, etc.
- Voice-over & Vocals