On the road or at the corner coffeehouse, the RL112A is ideal for DJs, lectures, meetings, events, as well as for the singer/songwriter or acoustic duo. Designed to make live sound portable and easy, the RL112A is a 2-way active loudspeaker that features a massive 800 watts of power from an advanced Class D amplifier, which keeps the overall system weight under 35 pounds.
Samson RL112A Powered Loudspeaker Features
In a Class by Itself
- Lightweight Class D 2-way active loudspeaker
- 800 watts Peak/400 watts RMS of power
- 12" extended range low frequency driver with 2" voice coil
- 1" neodymium high frequency driver
- Selectable Mic/Line XLR-1/4" combo input with independent volume control
- XPD Wireless port for use with Samson XPD Series USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately)
- XLR Mix output for daisy chaining additional speakers
- Signal/Limit indicator
- Contour switch for popular DJ/music playback EQ
- 4-point electronic protection circuitry
- Solid polypropylene enclosure with impact-resistant design\
- Full perforated metal grille protects all speaker components
- Three large ergonomic carry handles
- Integrated 1 3/8" speaker stand mount
- Floor monitor positioning options
Class D amplification provides ample power from a lightweight and efficient chassis. The unique bi-amp design hosts two separate power amps, one to drive the massive low end, and one to attain warm, smooth highs. Together, the RL112A can produce 800 Watts of Peak Power – delivering plenty of headroom in the audio signal to prevent distortion. Internal circuitry provides thermal and overload protection, a compressor, plus an optical-based limiter keeps everything running and sounding smooth.
Loud and Clear
Tight, punchy bass emanates from a 12" extended range low frequency driver; the generous 2" voice coil offers higher efficiency and maximizes heat dispersion. Up top is a 1" high frequency driver equipped with a 1" voice coil. The use of rare-earth neodymium magnets increases efficiency, providing improved clarity and intelligibility. The molded 90° x 60° high frequency horn delivers excellent high-frequency dispersion and coverage.
All Are Welcome
Channel 1 of the RL112A onboard mixer features an XLR-1/4" combo jack – complete with a gain-matching mic/line switch – to accommodate nearly any input source. Channel 2 is dedicated to receiving the signal from a Samson XPD wireless microphone (not included), making it the perfect choice for conferences, lectures, rallies, fitness classes, and entertaining. Individual level knobs set the perfect balance. The Mix Out jack (XLR) passes the combined signal along to additional equipment as you buildout your system. Switching on the Contour (EQ) circuit can enhance the sound in challenging venues.
Born to Run
Impact-resistant polypropylene cabinets equipped with perforated metal grilles provided added protection to the RL112A speakers themselves. And its versatile design invites either vertical (front of house) or horizontal (monitor) usage. Three easy-carry handles provide easy transport and placement. A convenient 1 3/8" pole-mount socket is built right in.