The Shure KSM42 is a large dual-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone which is perfect for capturing sophisticated, powerful and intimate vocal performances.
Shure KSM42 Vocal Condenser Microphone Features
- Highly consistent cardioid pattern for a broad sweet spot
- Natural off-axis response
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front low mass, 1-inch Mylar diaphragm
- Ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold,
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
Includes Open cage ShureLock rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper magnetic pop filter that produces a natural space between performer and microphone.
Sensitivity and Toughness
Meticulously crafted from premium components, KSM microphones are exquisitely engineered to capture the detailed sonic nuance of critical studio performances, while withstanding the rigors of the most demanding stage environments. Delivering a level of clarity, control, and durability that is simply unprecedented, KSM microphones represent the pinnacle of Shure audio innovation— defining new standards in audio performance.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.