A standard on stages throughout the world for years, the Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone offers a carefully tailored frequency rise at about 4,000 Hz for smooth as silk vocals that stand out in the mix. Long associated with its unmistakable sound and unsurpassed reliability, the Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone is widely considered the most popular mic in the world.
Designed for professional vocal use in sound reinforcement and studio recording, the Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone utilizes a highly effective, built-in, spherical filter that minimizes wind and breath pop noise while the cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes unwanted background noise. The tailored vocal response on the SM58 is a legendary tone that has become a world standard.
Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone Features
- Smooth, mid-frequency presence rise for world-famous SM58 Mic sound
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source
- Minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Rugged construction for extreme reliability in demanding applications
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- 50 to 15,000 Hz frequency response
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Includes a mic stand adapter and a zippered storage pouch
When the sound source is less than 1/4 inch from the microphone, the microphone boosts bass frequencies (by 6 to 10 dB at 100 Hz), creating a warmer and richer bass sound than when farther away. This effect, known as proximity effect, happens only in unidirectional dynamic microphones like the Shure SM58 Vocal Mic. The low-frequency roll-off on the SM58 provides greater control, allowing the user to take full advantage of proximity effect.
Rugged construction, a proven shock mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone will perform consistently. Outdoors or indoors, singing or speech, the Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone is the overwhelming choice of professionals worldwide.
Application and Placement
Ideal for close-up vocals, the Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone can be held in the hand or mounted on a stand. Some of the most common applications and placement techniques are listed in the following table. Keep in mind that microphone technique is largely a matter of personal taste and that there is no one correct
Lead and Backup Vocals
Speech and Spoken Word
- Suggestd Microphone Placement: Lips less than 150 mm (6 in.) away or touching the windscreen, on axis to microphone.
Tone Quality: Robust sound, emphasized bass, maximum isolation from other sources.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface
- Suggested Microphone Placement: 6 inches) to 2 feet away from mouth, just above nose height.
Tone Quality: Natural sound, reduced bass.
- Suggested Microphone Placement: 8 inches to 2 feet away from mouth, slightly off to one side.
Tone Quality: Natural sound, reduced bass and minimal 'Sss' sounds.
- Suggested Microphone Placement: 3 to 6 feet away.
Tone Quality: Thinner; distant sound; ambience.
An ideal choice for a singer-songwriter, the Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen is a 2-in, 2-out USB audio interface with a reassuringly easy recording process. Equipped with high performance 24-bit/192kHz AD-DA converters, Scarlett guarantees the same professional sound quality throughout the third-generation range. Its features include a single upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamp: with a switchable Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal recordings a brighter and more open sound.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface Features
- The best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
One high-headroom instrument input to plug in your guitar or bass
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/ 192kHz
- Two hum-free balanced outputs provide clean audio playback
- With our Quick Start tool, it's now easier than ever to get up and running
The high impedance, high-headroom instrument input allows you to record guitar or bass without any clipping or unwanted distortion, while Gain Halo metering makes it easy for you to set the input level. And Scarlett Solo's balanced outputs are hum-free when connecting studio monitors with balanced inputs, so you’ll always have pristine audio playback.
Scarlett Solo is designed to stand up to days on the road and connects straight to your Mac or PC via USB cable, with no external power required. It comes with all the software tools you need to get started, including two comprehensive digital audio workstations: Ableton Live Lite. Intuitive enough for beginners yet advanced enough to inspire real creativity with great-sounding effects.
Focusrite have partnered with Splice to give 3rd Gen. interface owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting a new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily from your favourite producers, sound designers, and artists. Creators use Splice to make all kinds of music, including chart-topping pop, Grammy-winning albums, underground mixtapes, and cinematic scores.
As with all Focusrite products, you’ll also benefit from a two-year warranty, award-winning customer support, and membership of their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts.
In The Box
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
Shure SRH240A Professional Studio Headphones
- Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
The Shure SRH240A Professional Studio Headphones provide excellent sound reproduction and comfort. With 40 millimeter neodymium dynamic drivers optimized for general listening and monitoring, the Shure SRH240A headphones reproduce full bass with clear mids and highs. Impedance, power handling and sensitivity are all calibrated for connection to most consumer and professional audio devices.
Shure SRH240A Professional Studio Headphones Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Wide frequency range delivers full bass and detailed highs
- New re-engineered headband and ear cup construction for a comfortable fit
- Optimized performance for use with most pro and consumer audio devices
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Replaceable ear pads ensure long product life
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.