Featuring the Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine!:
Stylus RMX is an award-winning, industry standard groove-based virtual instrument plug-in. Stylus RMX is the first product to offer the combined power of Groove Control with Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine (S.A.G.E.) technology giving users dramatic new control over groove production and performance.
Spectrasonics' in-house development team created this innovative instrument from the ground up, with dozens of features including the ground-breaking Chaos Designer, Time Designer, an intuitive multi-page user interface, a deep core library of sounds, all with a focus on realtime groove creation and performance. Stylus RMX remains an industry standard tool of top composers and music producers.
Of the many remarkable capabilities in Stylus RMX Xpanded, possibly the most innovative features are the Time Designer and Chaos Designer. With simple controls, the user can introduce musical Chaos into the groove, which allows it to have constantly evolving variations—giving the impression that the audio grooves are improvising. The results can be subtle or extreme by setting the simple to use controls. A Capture feature allows the spontaneous audio chaos patterns to be made into a MIDI file, dragged and dropped into the host sequencer, and played back again for further editing by the user. The Time Designer feature is unmatched in any other rhythm software and allows realtime changing of audio grooves to any time signature, feel or pattern— an infinite creative tool!
The over 14 gigabyte core-library in Stylus RMX has thousands of cutting-edge grooves and sounds that were created by Spectrasonics' international sound design team, and produced by Eric Persing. The core library contains nearly triple the amount of sounds offered in the original Stylus, and contains all the original material as well. The sounds and grooves in Stylus RMX offer a much wider range of modern musical genres than the original Stylus. Mixes of grooves are broken down into individual tracks called Elements for flexibility and infinite combinations.
Also introduced in Stylus RMX Xpanded are thousands of Kit modules, 250 Kit patches, as well as user Kit construction. Users can create their own customized multitrack remix grooves and kits, save them into the plug-in, and even share them with other Stylus RMX Xpanded users on different platforms and hosts. RMX now comes with 500 Multi grooves.
Xpanded and Xpandable:
Stylus RMX Xpanded now includes all five Spectrasonics "S.A.G.E. Xpanders", bringing the total number of included grooves/sounds to nearly 10,000. The RMX platform has huge third-party library support with hundreds of available titles and can also be expanded with REX files – which opens the door for musicians to utilize their own audio loops within the powerful S.A.G.E. Environment.
Spectrasonics Stylus RMX XPanded Software Plugin Features
Stylus RMX Xpanded Includes:
- Powered by award-winning S.A.G.E. technology (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine)
- Innovative Time Designer allows grooves to adapt to any feel, time signature
- Chaos Designer adds musical variations and “improvising” within stereo audio grooves
- Large and versatile 14GB Core Library, with nearly triple the sounds of the original Stylus (the original Stylus core library also included)
- Now includes all five Spectrasonics SAGE Xpanders—Backbeat, Retro Funk, Liquid Grooves, Burning Grooves, Metamorphosis
- Automatic Pattern Variations and Groove Simplifying
- Edit Groups offer unique control of individual beats within an audio loop: add ambience to just the backbeat, control the pitch of the snare inside a stereo loop, reverse only specific slices in the loop…non-destructively
- Realtime auto-sync to the beat so grooves are always in time, even when performed live
- Groove Control is always active for optimum sound quality at virtually any tempo
- Expandable with REX files, which allow a user to import their own audio loops via ReCycle
- Thousands and thousands of grooves, sounds, patches and interchangeable “Kit modules” for building grooves
- 500 Multi Grooves, 250 Kits
- World-Class integrated FX Racks with 27 professional effects: Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah, Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame Distortion, Valve Radio, PRO-Verb, EZ-Verb, Spring Verb, Gate Expander, Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex Tape Delay and Radio Delay
- Easy MIDI Control of all 20,000 parameters with MIDI Learn: simply grab the parameter and the hardware control
- Hardware Controller Templates provided for Popular models by Korg, Behringer and M-Audio
- Over 9 hours of Video Tutorials are available to quickly learn Stylus RMX features
- Integrated Documentation—Comprehensive Reference Guide accessible directly from the Help menu
- Multipage user interface with integrated Browser for easily auditioning and organizing grooves
- 8-part Multitimbral, each part can have dozens of grooves and samples
- Multiple stereo outputs (with supported software)
- Favorites Menu creation of user defined suites of grooves, perfect for project-by-project work
- Built-in Mixer w/ 8 channels, mute/solo, level, meters, 4 Aux sends, output assignments
- Drag and Drop MIDI files into host sequencer
- User Kit building from core library, User Remixes, cross-platform/cross-host patch compatibility
- Groove Menu mode allows multiple grooves to be played live on a single MIDI channel
- Grooves can be instantly auditioned at Half Time/Double Time
- Build Multitrack Grooves in realtime
- Real-time Jamming in sync
- Powerful sound design features include: Multi-mode Power Filter, 3 syncable LFOs, 3 AHDR envelopes, Reverse and more
- Edit Templates to browse and audition grooves using custom sets of parameter edits
- Easy Edit page with Big Knobs for simple, yet powerful control of key parameters
- Stylus RMX: Realtime Groove Module virtual instrument
- Backbeat SAGE Xpander: Live Acoustic “Straight-ahead" drum grooves
- Retro Funk SAGE Xpander: Authentic vintage acoustic sound, feel & classic grooves
- Burning Grooves SAGE Xpander: Maximum impact, aggressive live drum grooves
- Liquid Grooves SAGE Xpander: Acoustic ethnic drum and percussion grooves with unique processing
- Metamorphosis SAGE Xpander: 21st Century remix grooves designed by producer Eric Persing
- Multi Library: Hundreds of amazing Multi-groove patches that combine the Xpanders in creative ways
- Bonus Section: Unique grooves from Vocal Planet, Distorted Reality and more!