The adjustable mics, four-track recording and extended battery life of the TASCAM DR-40 Portable Digital Recorder
give you the flexibility you need to record tracks anywhere.The DR-40 captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room.
A pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. The DR-40 accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4 inch line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features on the DR-40 include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more. No other recorder makes home or live recording as simple as the TASCAM DR-40.
TASCAM DR-40 Portable Digital Recorder Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Built-in condenser microphones, adjustable to XY or AB position
- XLR/1/4 inch mic/line input with phantom power
- Record with the built-in mics and the XLR mic or line input for a four-track recording
- Dual recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150 percent speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40 / 80 / 120 Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8 inch headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align
- Stereo Reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (2GB card included)
- Locking Neutrik Combi jacks
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, AC adapter (optional PS-P515U), external battery pack (optional BP-6AA), or USB bus power
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.