TASCAM’s TSSD-480B is a solid-state drive designed for the TASCAM DA-6400 and DA-6400dp digital multi-track recorders.
These drives are ideal for lengthy recordings like music festivals, concerts, and rehearsals.
The TSSD-240A can handle 64 channels of recording at 48kHz/24-bit for up to 7 hours and 12 minutes, and the TSSD-480A / TSSD-480B can handle 64 channels of recording at 48kHz/24-bit for up to 14 hours and 26 minutes. The TASCAM TSSD drives are useful when it comes to capturing long hours of recording such as for music festivals, concerts, and rehearsals.
Careful selection of components for high operational stability:
Most SSD drives can see a big reduction in writing speed as files get fragmented due to repeated writing. If the drive slows down in the middle of a 64-track recording, you might see dropouts in your recording. Through research and development, TASCAM has learned that this effect can be minimized when using the right control IC for reliable recording performance. The result is our TSSD series of custom hard drives, designed for the challenges of high-channel-count recording.
Fully Formatted SSD:
We conduct a thorough format process before shipment so the SSD can be used immediately after purchase. This also serves to test the units beforehand to prevent individual unit failures in the field.
Secure Support System:
Suspected defects can be dealt with at the time they occur and data analysis can be performed to find a particular cause.
Reliability is assured by using only specified and approved parts:
We worked in cooperation with the media manufacturer to ensure only components (control IC, memory device, etc.) that were confirmed to work with the DA-6400/DA-6400dp are implemented to the TSSD drives. By specifying all components, there is less chance these are changed due to trivial production reasons, and we can assure high-stability through all units.
TASCAM TSSD-480B Solid State Drive Features
- SSD designed for DA-6400/DA-6400dp
- TSSD-480A, TSSD-480B: Recording capacity of up to 14 hours 26 minutes (@48 kHz/24-bit, 64-channel recording)
- Optimized drive design for longer durability and stability under repetitive use
- Drive components have been specified in cooperation with media manufacturers to assure higher reliability
- All drives come pre-formatted as an additional testing step
- Supports standard SSD failure analysis systems
- 2.5 inch Serial ATA SSD
- SSD designed for the DA-6400/DA-6400dp
- This SSD has been designed for the TASCAM DA-6400 and DA-6400dp to ensure hours of glitch-free -recording.
- Achieve long recordings