Engineers and musicians always strive for flawless sound. The BRICKWALL HD provides users with versatilility while maintaining the balance of a mix. Designed for use in the critical mastering phase, the BRICKWALL HD allows users to choose between the best classic and modern limiting for ultra-transparent sound.
TC Electronic BRICKWALL HD-DT Mastering Limiter Hardware Interface Features
- Brings next-generation TC Electronic brickwall limiting as a standard plug-in to your DAW
- Ultra-transparent master limiter algorithm for classic mastering workflows
- Complementary loudness limiter provides easy delivery to streaming services
- Premium ISP limiting ensures clean and predictable results by eliminating risk of audio clipping
- Content-optimized limiter profiles ensure maximum sonic transparency
- Fully compliant with the BRICKWALL HD-DT Icon Series desktop interface and unlimited functionality as plug-in
- Specialized soft clipping curves provide versatile performance and analog character
- Comprehensive metering for real-time readouts and statistics overview
- Includes custom-built signature presets from your favorite producers
- Offers full support for standard DAW automation and project recall
- Standard VST, Audio Units and AAX-native plug-in processing on Mac and Windows
- Compatible with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro and Ableton Live
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
The limiters in the BRICKWALL HD are designed to:
- Continually measure if your signal contains 0 dBFS+ peaks
- Then gently remove them
The BRICKWALL HD is a transparent and upsampling True-Peak Limiter that is
tightly based on the award-winning BW2 algorithm from TC’s System 6000. This
is an algorithm that for the last 2 decades has proven its worth on countless highprofile records, feature-films etc.
In the BRICKWALL HD, we have:
- Refined the workflow to include modern music streaming targets
- Developed more options on Softclipping
- And not least, added a new History view that gives in-depth information and
assists you in making the crucial master track decisions.
Two alternative types of Limiter are provided in one:
- The conventional Master Limiter
- The novel Loudness Limiter
The Master Limiter is a typical approach, with Input Gain to set the amount of
limiting, and Ceiling to set the amount of headroom in the exported file.
The Loudness Limiter is an all-new approach, enabling a workflow suitable for
modern streaming services like Spotify, Tidal, and Apple Music. Here you set a
desired, resulting loudness level, which the BRICKWALL HD will automatically aim
for after listening to your track.
Both Limiter types include a flexible and delicate SoftClipper that has three
available options from soft, smooth, to hard.
The BRICKWALL HD’s combination of True-Peak and Loudness numerical
information (STATS), provides the best possible support for making optimal
decisions of dynamics, head-room and loudness level in your precious mix or
As a further aid, Loudness Range (LRA) and Peak-to-Loudness (PLR) read-outs
provide a tangible indication of how much dynamic compression and limiting you
are applying prior to, and with, the Limiter.
But remember, ultimately, your ears are the best tool you have.