For studio engineers and vocalists who want an authentic tube sound that makes vocals and instruments stand out, the UA Bock 167 Tube Microphone is the answer. Handmade with precision by renowned mic designer David Bock, this large-diaphragm condenser mic delivers a classic, smooth tone reminiscent of the legendary U67*. Bring your audio recordings to life with rich tube magic!
This microphone gives you ultimate control over what you record — from fine tuning its low frequency reduction to dialing in the perfect character for any type of vocal or instrumental track. With unparalleled accuracy and detail, this condenser mic captures a wide range of frequencies that make all your tracks come alive. It also features advanced sonic flexibility so you can tailor your sound for different recording applications. Get ready to experience sonic richness that will transform even the simplest recordings into polished musical art!
Universal Audio Bock 167 Tube Microphone Features
- Premium large-diaphragm multi-pattern tube condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Continuously variable omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns
- Dual-symmetrical K67 capsule and Lundahl transformer
- "Fat" switch provides low-end boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz, Pad (-10 dB)
- High frequency contour: cut (-1.5 dB @ 5 kHz), cut (-3 dB @ 10 kHz), flat, boost (+2 dB @ 10 kHz)
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz – 18 kHz, ±2 dB
- Max SPL: 118 dB SPL, 1% THD
- NOS EF732 tube
- Requires included UA Bock 167 PSU true linear power supply
- Premium storage case
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to your Studio
The UA Bock 167 is David Bock's thoughtful reimagining of the iconic U67 mics he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 167 is the perfect choice for recording singers, acoustic instruments, drums, and voiceovers.
Get Iconic Sounds with Modern Tone Sculpting
Vintage U67 tube mics are cherished for their full sound and lively midrange. Our UA Bock 167 improves upon this classic design with three EQ filtering options, a unique "fat" switch for boosting between 10 Hz and 400 Hz, and continuously variable polar pattern. This translates into recordings with more dynamic range, tonal extension, and flexibility.
Experience a Lifetime of Beautiful Recordings
Handwired using premium components — including a dual-symmetrical K67 capsule, Lundahl transformer, and NOS tube — each UA Bock 167 is built and tested to David Bock's exacting specifications. With its premium case, professional shock mount, and hand-tuned power supply, this mic will provide years of exceptional recordings.