The UA Bock 187 FET condenser microphone has the right combination of modern enhancements and classic vintage aesthetics. The sound is warm, clear and accurate - vocals come through with a silky smoothness that makes each range shine. Instruments also sounds great, thanks to its high sensitivity to transient sounds. It's an all-rounder mic perfect for capturing both vocals and other instruments in any given track.
Universal Audio Bock 187 FET Condenser Microphone Features
- Premium large-diaphragm cardioid FET studio condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Minimalist Class A FET circuitry
- Large Cinemag output transformer for rich bass and increased low-frequency headroom
- "Fat" mode provides low-end boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz
- Lo-cut (120 Hz), Pad (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 16 kHz, ±2 dB
- Max SPL: 125 dB SPL, 1% THD
- Requires 48v phantom power
- Premium wood storage case
Capture Classic Sounds, with Modern Flexibility
Vintage U87 mics are known for their presence, but can get strident when pushed. Our UA Bock 187 enhances this classic design with a larger transformer, refined circuitry, and a unique "fat" mode that delivers a boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz. This translates into more dynamic range, presence, and fullness on vocals, guitars, and more.
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to your Mic Locker
The UA Bock 187 is David Bock's inspired take on the legendary U87 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 187 mic gives you the "golden unit" tone of an iconic studio staple.
*The UA Bock 187 product is not affiliated with, sponsored, nor endorsed by Neumann. The "U87" name is used solely to identify the classic mic design that Universal Audio's product is based on. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners