The Bock 251 is the flagship mic of UA's condenser tubes and will give you the iconic ELAM 251 open tone that many consider to be the greatest vocal mic ever made. Now, with each mic handmade in Santa Cruz, California, you can access more than just this chart-topping sound but also a piece of high-quality engineering by world renowned designer David Bock.
When it comes to finding your signature vocal sound, you don't have to search any further than the Universal Audio Bock 251 Tube Condenser Mic.
Universal Audio Bock 251 Tube Condenser Microphone Features
- Large-diaphragm tube studio condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Switchable omnidirectional, cardioid, and Figure-8 polar patterns
- German-made CK12 capsule and Cinemag transformer
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 18 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Max SPL: 118 dB SPL, 1% THD
- NOS ECC85 tube
- Requires included UA Bock 251 PSU true linear power supply
- Premium vintage-style suitcase
Add Handmade Magic to your Studio
The UA Bock 251 is David Bock's loving interpretation of the classic 251 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 251 mic puts "golden unit" sound at the heart of your recordings.
Rich Tube Mic Sounds, with Updated Sonics
With its German-made CK12 capsule and large output transformer, the UA Bock 251 gives you extended low‑frequency response down to 10 Hz and higher SPL capabilities versus vintage 251 microphones.
Built for a Lifetime of Harmonious Recording
Handwired using premium components, each UA Bock 251 is built and tested to David Bock's exacting specifications. With its vintage-inspired case, robust shock mount and accessories, this mic spares no expense to last a lifetime.