The Waldorf Blofeld Desktop Synthesizer Module offers all the unique qualities that made Waldorf a truly legendary brand.
The engine inside the heavy duty, full metal chassis of the Blofeld delivers the same fat and rich sound that so many Waldorf users worldwide love when they play their Pulse, Q, Q+, Micro Q, Microwave, Microwave II/XT, or even the flagship Wave.
Yes, you've heard it right. The Blofeld is not only capable of producing these warm, organic analog sounds known from the Q synthesizer line, it also sports a wavetable engine like its predecessors with Wave
in their names.
This unique synthesis system is based upon the revolutionary PPG Wave synthesizers of the early 80s. So when you listen to the Blofeld for the first time, you will instantly recognize those edgy, hard-hitting and bell-like timbres that have been an integral part of so many world hits from the PPG era on, and become increasingly popular once more.
Waldorf Blofeld Features
- Includes Analog modelling synthesis, classic wavetables, sample based synthesis
- Huge detailed screen lets users easily build intricate sounds
- Sturdy Metal Enclosure
- Compact, slim, elegant desktop module
- USB or 5-pin MIDI control for integrating with keyboards or DAWs
- More than 1000 Sounds
- Graphic Display 128 x 64 pixels, b/w, white background LED
- 3 Oscillators per voice
- Frequency Modulation between the Oscillators
- All Q Oscillator Models
- All Microwave II/XT/XTk Wavetables
- 2 independent Multi Mode Filters per voice
- Filter FM
- 2 Drive stages per voice with selectable Drive Curves
- 3 fast LFOs per voice
- 4 fast Envelopes per voice
- Powerful Arpeggiator
- Freely programmable Arpeggiator Pattern with up to 16 Steps per Sound
- 7 endless stainless steel Dials
- Unbeatable price tag
The Blofeld has a gorgeous user interface with a huge graphic display giving you precise visual feedback. Seven endless rotaries plus a volume knob all made of steel invite you to explore the depth and power of Blofeld.
Selecting sounds is a breeze. If you just want to browse through the available sounds, use the dial above the Play button. If you want to jump to a different soundbank, use the left dial under the display. Selecting a category with the right dial (under the display) causes Blofeld to show only sounds belonging to that particular category.
Editing sounds to suit your needs is just as easy. The most frequently used parameters are laid out on the front panel. Just select the appropriate row with the four buttons to the left of the parameter matrix and turn the knobs.
This parameter matrix allows instant control over oscillator waveforms, semitone offset, detuning and levels – filter cutoff, resonance, type and envelope amount – envelope rates and levels (two of the four envelopes), LFO speed and shape (two of the three LFOs) – the modulation matrix, the effect mix – arpeggiator mode and clock.