Faithfully reproducing every nuance of the mid to high-end with tight bass, the HPH-MT8 headphones are designed to deliver accurate response and high-resolution sound with precise stereo imaging. Yamaha has applied decades of accrued knowledge and expertise in professional and high-end studio equipment manufacturing to the design of each and every acoustic component in these headphones.
The HPH-MT series continues the design philosophy of Yamaha’s studio monitor speakers, which is to deliver faithful reproduction of the source signal. The design of the MT7—the first product in the series to be released—features a tuning forks mark in the center of a circular housing, with the headphone arm offset in a configuration that is simple yet durable and stylish. The MT5 and MT8 follow the same basic design philosophy with the addition of a folding mechanism and a detachable cable, completing a new high-performance lineup. These additional capabilities brought with them a problem: the durability of the movable sections. By adding a rounded “waist” to the folding mechanism connecting the two arms to the broad headband, we were able to give it a rational strength without compromising on the flexibility of the mechanism. This “waist” also serves as somewhere for the fingers to grip when adjusting the slide.
Yamaha HPHMT8 Monitor Headphones Features
- 45 mm custom drivers with CCAW voice coils deliver a broad frequency range and accurate response
- Closed-back, circumaural design for excellent isolation
- Protein-skin leather and large low-resistance cushions ensure stress-free wearability and high levels of isolation
- Three-dimensional arm pivot construction and adjustable slider length alleviate fatigue when working for extended periods
- Moveable earcups allow single-ear monitoring
- Durable ABS housing and rigid die-cast aluminum support-arms for use in the toughest working environments
- Folding arm structure and carrying case