The Fat Hats are the very definition of "labor of love". A decade of testing has created this rich, blended "go-to" hihat sound that performs in the studio and turns heads on-stage.
The key is a combination of darker hammering with wider, A Zildjian-style lathing, and a smaller weight difference blurring true top and bottom. Designed to be a cymbal bag chameleon, these "part K, part A" hats sit within any cymbal setup, and are ripe for mixing and matching or simply playing them as is - a perfect blend of warm and bright. Play the 14-1/8" for fantastic stick, or move up to the 15-1/8” for an incredibly lush sound and pronounced chick - Both unique sizes bring something special to any gig.
The secret is out, and the road-tested, artist-approved Fat Hats are ready to transform your kit.
Zildjian K Custom Fat Hi-Hats Pair Features
- Blend of A and K-style manufacturing technqiues
- A "go-to" hihat sound for studio and live settings
- Explore size range for more stick or chick
- Smaller top-bottom weight gap
- Two odd sizes: 14-1/8", or 15-1/8"