Whether you’re a musician, indie filmmaker, podcaster, blogger, teacher, or a video professional — the easy-to-use Zoom Q8 is the ideal choice for capturing those magic moments and expressing your creative artistry with stunning high-definition images. You’ll also love the flexibility of recording up to four tracks of high-resolution audio simultaneously via two XLR/TRS combo inputs or a pair of Zoom’s interchangeable mic capsules. Amateurs and professionals alike will appreciate the Q8’s large, full-color touchscreen for its simple, yet elegant user interface. And with its 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom, the Q8 will easily capture everything just as you intended — from the big pictures right down to the finest details.
Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder Features
Interchangeable Mic Capsules
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160 degree wide angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F 2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable audio input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with all Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately)
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60 fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting environments
- Self timer
- Digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Built-in audio mixer
- Stereo link function
- Built-in compressor, limiter, and leveler
- MS Matrix function converts Mid-Side signal from external mics to standard stereo
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output / Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
If the Q8’s supplied X/Y stereo mic (XYQ-8) doesn’t seem ideal for your particular application, no worries — you can fine-tune your audio right at the source by swapping it for a variety of other Zoom mic capsules, including those from their H5 or H6 models. (EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Capsule is not compatible with the Q8.)
Connect external microphones or balanced/unbalanced line-level sources via dual combo XLR/TRS input jacks. The Zoom Q8 features a built-in speaker — but it also has a stereo 1/8” (3.5mm) Headphone/Line Out jack for when you need to run audio out to an external amplifier or if private listening is required. The USB output allows the Q8 to interface with your computer for use with your favorite streaming or editing software. There’s even a HDMI output for ultra-clear video monitoring.
Crystal-Clear Sonic Excellence
The Zoom Q8 can be used as a stand-alone stereo or 4-channel audio recorder without video. Capable of recording 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio, it delivers the same sonic clarity you’ve come to expect from all Zoom products. Need to eliminate low-frequency noise and rumble? Simply pop the supplied foam windscreen onto the Q8’s interchangeable microphone capsule. You can also use one of three available Dynamics settings along with the onboard compressor/limiter to achieve the best possible results in the most challenging recording conditions.
To High Def and Beyond!
There are standard HD video recorders, and then there’s the Zoom Q8. Choose from 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels @ 30fps /24mbps) or two kinds of HD (24mbps and 16mbps for increased storage capability). You can even select frame rates of up to 60 fps at 720p, ideal for recording ultra-clear fast-action video.
You’ll capture every moment with incredible realism and clarity, compliments of the Q8’s F2.0 aperture and 160-degree wide-angle lens. Working in a challenging lighting environment? Choose one of three Scene presets to achieve optimum exposure and stunningly accurate results.
Flexible Mounting and Recording Options
The Zoom Q8 offers a wide variety of mounting options that allow you to capture the sharpest images in most environments from just about any perspective. Mount it to a standard tripod for rock-solid stability. Or use a tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with every type of action camera mount. You’ll always view your image upright regardless of camera positioning, thanks to the fully-rotatable, full-color LCD touchscreen.
The Q8 is right at home onstage too. Mount it to your guitar, drum kit, amp or mic stand (The Zoom GHM1 Guitar Headstock Mount
and MSM1 Microphone Stand Mount
, each sold separately, give you even more flexibility and recording vantage points). Record your show from front-of-house on four discrete tracks using the supplied stereo X/Y mic and a stereo pair of lines direct from the console. Sit front row center and shoot from the audience’s perspective. You can even use multiple Q8s to capture a variety of angles, then edit them together for a more exciting, professional-looking presentation.
Connectivity for Additional Creativity
Want to stream video or audio live? The built-in USB port allows you to use your Q8 as a webcam or USB microphone. Connect to your computer with specialty software for expanded editing capability. And with an optional Apple Camera Kit, you can even interface with your iPad for even more dramatic post-production options.
Power to Spare and Selectable File Formats
When shooting at 720p/30fps, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing the Q8’s supplied lithium-ion battery will last for more than two hours — even longer if you’re just recording audio. Recharging from nearly anywhere is easy and convenient too. Just use the USB port or an optional AC adapter.
Maximum video quality is obtained by storing in MOV file format using the Q8’s various HD settings — but you can also shoot in standard definition (SVGA) for situations that require lower storage space or bandwidth rates. The Q8 records up to 126GB of data directly onto SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. For additional flexibility, you can even separate your audio from your video and save it to a separate file.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.