The Akai MPX8 SD Sample Pad Controller packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform. Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the MPX8’s eight backlit velocity and pressure-sensitive pads. Use the controller in the studio, live on stage or on air. It’s that simple.
Akai MPX8 SD Sample Pad Controller Features:
Control Software & MIDI Gear
- Add sound samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- Drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac® and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds, samples, and bumps
- Tune, add reverb, save sample sets for easy recall
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- 1/8” (3.5mm) headphone output and balanced 1/4” (6.35mm) outputs
MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8"-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
Edit with Ease
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto MPX8. The editor’s drag-and-drop functionality saves you time, instantly converting your samples to compatible WAV files.
Get in the Loops
MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built-in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
Lose the Luggage
It’s compact, easy to load, and ready to go. MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai Pro design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops. It’s that simple.
Akai MPX8 SD Sample Pad Controller Includes:
- MPX8 Controller
- MPX8 Sample Kit Editor (Download)
- Loop Library (Download)
- (3.5mm) 1/8"-to-MIDI Adapter
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- User Manual
- Safety & Warranty Manual
SD and SDHC cards sold separately.