The polyphonic Electro-Harmonix MEL9 tape relay machine effects pedal uses the same extraordinary technology as the B9, C9 and KEY9 to transform your guitar and resurrect the sound of vintage tape-based keyboards! The polyphonic MEL9 has superior tracking; you can create single notes or chords with ease. The MEL9 will follow guitar bends, dive bombs, slurs, and any other guitar expression/performance techniques you can throw at it!
Electro-Harmonix MEL9 Tape Relay Machine Effects Pedal Features
- Pays homage to nine vintage Mellotron sounds, all in polyphony!
- Sounds include: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without any modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- Tracks and follows your technique on bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Works with electronic keyboards featuring a 1/4" line output
- Works with bass guitar down to the open-A string
- Includes independent “Effect” and “Dry” volume controls so you can create
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Adjust volume swell speed using the “Attack” control.
- Adjust the release time after a sound is stopped using the “Sustain” control.
- Includes standard Electro-Harmonix 9.6DC200mA PSU Power Adapter
Drawing from the analog sounds of the throwback Mellotron®, the MEL9 allows you to create lush chords and accurate leads from its nine incredible settings: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, and both Low and High Choir.
Adjusting the attack and sustain controls gives you smooth transitions between sounds and lets your tone ring free, even after letting off the strings. Two outputs allow you to blend effect and dry signals to create personalized mixtures these tones with your own guitar sound.
Not limited to just guitar, the Electro-Harmonix MEL9 can be used with electronic keyboards with a 1/4" output jack and bass guitars down to their open low-A string, giving you even more tonal options to choose from. Recreate vintage sound and expand your band’s presence with the color of an entire orchestra and choir channeled directly from your own instrument.
Includes standard Electro-Harmonix Power Adapter.