Electro Voice ZLX
Renowned for their dynamic combination of rafter-shaking power and ear-pleasing tone, Electro Voice powered speakers have become a staple of the live music scene. Equally at home as Front-of-House PA speakers, wedge monitors, a stand-alone PA box, a permanent installation, the foundation of a DJ rig, or even as a keyboard or acoustic guitar amp, ZLX’s versatility is another reason these speakers are so popular. It’s easy to see why Electro Voice boasts that ZLX are “The best-selling speakers in the world.”
Electro Voice ZLX15P Powered Loudspeaker Features
- 15 inch woofer and 1.5 inch high-frequency titanium compression driver
- LCD display and unique single-knob DSP control with presets – quickly optimize ZLX to suit your performance style and space
- Input level meters and independent amplifier control- ensure optimal gain structure in seconds
- Custom-built 1000-W Class-D amplifier for best-in-class sound
- Lightweight, 38 lbs, super-durable composite construction
- Unique hi/lo grip design for effortless pole mounting and portability
- Patented split-baffle design for superior driver time alignment and enhanced sonic impact and intelligibility
Two new Bluetooth® audio streaming “BT” models – ZLX-12BT (12-inch 2-way) and ZLX-15BT (15-inch 2-way) – combine the superior components, coverage and clarity of the standard ZLX models with the latest Bluetooth technology to deliver the lowest-noise, highest-fidelity streaming experience in their class – wireless convenience with Electro-Voice sound quality. Already own a standard ZLX model? Connect a “BT” model for wireless stereo Bluetooth streaming!
High-efficiency 1000 W Class-D power amplifiers delivering up to 127 dB peak SPL utilizing transducers designed and engineered by EV. Clean sound, all the way up to maximum output.
Single-knob QuickSmart DSP control with LCD display — optimize ZLX to suit your style and space. QuickSmart DSP processing: Easy application/location setup via four presets, sub/top system-match, two-band EQ, five user-programmable presets, visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control and meters, and master volume control to optimize gain structure.
Lightweight, super-durable composite construction with three-handle design for effortless pole mounting and portability. With its stunning – and often imitated -- enclosure design, ZLX looks as good as it sounds.
EV patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage, minimal distortion, and maximized acoustical loading.
Available in 12” and 15” powered and passive versions, ZLX makes it easier than ever to own and experience premium professional audio. Its combination of streamlined industrial design, compact size, user-friendly operation and portability, and plentiful power have made it a great value choice for monitors and mains in DJ/musician applications such as practice spaces and small clubs, and perfect for basic installations and portable multi-purpose sound.
Why choose ZLX?
The worldwide #1 best-selling portable PA speaker
– ZLX’s unparalleled combination of performance, features and user-friendly operation have made it the proven global go-to for affordable professional sound quality – excellent all-around value from a real pro audio brand.
Often imitated, never equaled
– Since launching, ZLX’s compact, ergonomic and lightweight three-handle enclosure design has been imitated by many of our competitors, but guess what? What’s inside the box makes a big difference too, and ZLX wins when it comes to sound quality -- read the customer reviews!
The game-changing feature set that put ZLX on the map
– Best-in-class across every detail, with high-quality EV-engineered components, QuickSmart DSP with single-knob controller, EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, three-handle enclosure design, and more. Pro features in a portable package.
Over 90 years of know-how in every box
– With such an extensive track record of proven audio innovation, it’s safe to say that Electro-Voice has a deep understanding of what goes into making good sound. Where our competitors often rely on off-the-shelf components from third-party manufacturers, EV stands apart as one of the few pro audio brands to design and engineer its drivers and woofers in-house from the ground up. Our transducers are legendary for their sound quality and reliability, but it doesn’t stop there. From our invention of the humbucking coil back in 1934 to our latest patents, EV continues to push the parameters of what is possible in sound reinforcement, utilizing the industry’s most sophisticated design software, most extreme measurement processes and most grueling physical tolerance tests to take the performance of our products to the next level. ZLX encapsulates EV’s heritage of engineering excellence, making those decades of audio know-how more accessible than ever before.
Energy-efficient engineering with no compromises in performance
– EV is renowned for the quality of engineering that we put into everything we make, at every price point, for every application. ZLX represents that commitment. Our products are designed and tested above and beyond industry norms to achieve the highest levels of performance with the latest transducer and amplifier technology. We stand behind the specs we publish with our products.
The “Big Wattage” numbers that most manufacturers publish to sell their speakers have little to do with what actually matters: acoustic output.
Many customers perceive high wattage ratings as a key selling point. However, EV’s goal with powered speakers – in which the internal components are designed to work together optimally to achieve the desired level of performance in a given format/class at a given price point -- is achieving sustained maximum SPL with minimal distortion – superior all-around acoustic performance at the system’s highest output capacity. The quality of our engineering means we can reach the same high SPLs with full bandwidth sound quality while using less wattage – we continuously strive to evolve energy-efficient speaker design. Many loudspeaker manufacturers boast of super-high wattage numbers, but their products simply don't sound good when pushed to their upper limits of their stated output capacity, with distortion being the main issue. ZLX will sound powerful, crisp and clean, even at its highest volume.
The Sensational ZLX15P 15-inch Two-Way Powered Loudspeaker
Optimized driver time alignment via ZLX’s patented split-baffle design ensures minimum amounts of phase cancellation with the maximum amount of direct impact. You’ll be amazed that a compact 38 lb. speaker can sound so huge! This handsome enclosure, with its sturdy Black Powder Coated 18-gauge steel grill, produces a massive 127 dB with 90 ° coverage, guaranteeing great sound from anywhere in the venue.
The heart of the ZLX15P is in its EV designed and manufactured EVS-15L 15” speaker. Its muscular 8-spoke die-cast aluminum frame cuts no corners and the laminated coil form and fatigue-resistant cone suspension will provide years of worry-free service. Heat is the enemy of all speakers so the vented coil and magnet structure, along with the heat-radiating back cover, control the temperature for cool operation. Contributing to the overall big sound of the enclosure, the EVS-15L delivers a uniform frequency response all the way down to 55 Hz.
The ever-important high end is handled by EV’s transparent sounding DH-1K. A 1.5” high-frequency titanium compression driver with a replaceable diaphragm, the DH-1K yields a clean, smooth frequency response right up to 18 kHz.
When it comes to producing a loud, yet distortion-free tone it’s all about headroom, and the ZLX15P has plenty of it. The 1000 watt Class D power section delivers more than enough moxie to furnish a clean, robust sound.
The Back Panel
The simplicity of the single DSP knob belies the sophistication within, with the ZLX15P’s DSP presets taking center stage as the real star of the show! Used to optimize the enclosure’s output settings to match your needs, the bright LCD display menu provides access to presets for music (enhanced for pre-recorded), live (for a live band situation), speech (superior intelligibility for announcements or presentations), and club (optimized for DJ use).
Two separate mic/line inputs each have a single balanced XLR/TRS Combo Jack for maximum versatility with an XLR output available to link to other ZLX speakers and subs. There’s even a handy little 3.5 mm Input jack for connecting devices such as an iPad® or smartphone.