The Earthquaker Devices Tentacle is a classic analog octave up effect. It is the very same octave from our beloved Hoof Reaper pedal. When you get so many requests to make this a stand-alone unit, it was only a matter of time until they made it a reality! You can now add an excellent, swelling octave up to anything your heart desires! Pair it with your favorite fuzz, strap on a headband and unleash your inner Hendrix. Put it in front of another octave up and blow your amp's mind. Throw it in the effects loop of a delay and marvel at what happens!
V2 updates - February 2018:
- Flexi-switch switching for latching or momentary operation
- Silent relay-based switching
- New enclosure
What’s better? It has no controls! Nothing to worry about at all here, just hit the switch and go for it. The Earthquaker Tentacle is an analog octave up, the effect will become much more pronounced when using your neck pickup and playing above the 12th fret.
EarthQuaker Devices Tentacle V2 Analog Octave Up Pedal Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Analog Octave Up
- Now the dynamic, swelling octave up effect from our Hoof Reaper exists as a standalone unit to be used anywhere in the signal path
- Recreates the upper octave effect heard in vintage fuzz pedals
- Simple controls - the Tentacle is either on or off. No knobs!
- Top-mounted jacks to save space on crowded pedalboards
- All-analog signal path
- True bypass
- New flexi-switch switching allows for momentary or traditional latching operation
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current draw: 2mA
- Each and every Tentacle is built by hand in Akron, Ohio.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
4.55'' x 2.40'' x 1.95''
Earthquaker pedals take a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. They always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
To get the most pronounced octave, place the Tentacle as close to the front of your signal chain as possible. Switching For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.