A re-creation of one of the legends' most iconic guitars. Gretsch celebrates the legacy of George Harrison with the Gretsch G6128T-GH George Harrison Signature Duo Jet guitar, modeled on the instrument that the legendary guitarist often referred to as his 'first real decent guitar.'
The G6128T-GH George Harrison Duo Jet features distinctive appointments and modifications found on Harrison's original 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet, which he purchased secondhand in the very early 1960s. These include a lightweight mid-'50s-style chambered body, all-black color scheme (arched maple top, mahogany back and sides, and back of the one-piece mahogany neck), Bigsby B3C tailpiece with a black Phillips head tremolo arm pivot bolt, and an offset strap button on lower bout.
Gretsch George Harrison Signature Duo Jet Features
- Three-ply body binding (white-black-white)
- Single-ply white neck and headstock binding
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12 inch radius and hump-block pearloid inlays
- Two single-coil DynaSonic pickups
- Vintage-style 'rocking bar' bridge with rosewood base
- Silver plexi pickguard
- Chrome-plated Grover V98CM Sta-Tite tuners
- Gretsch 'G' arrow control knobs
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Harrison's signature on the truss rod cover
- Premium tweed case