The Volca sample is a sample sequencer that allows the player to edit and sequence up to 100 sample sounds in real time for powerful live performances. It's a powerful addition to any existing Volca setup, or simply on its own.
Korg Volca Sample Digital Sample Sequencer Features
A fun to use sequencer with superb improvisatory potential
- Intuitive, ultra-powerful volca sequencer
- A fun to use sequencer with superb improvisatory potential
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
- Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert or remove steps
- Swing function lets you generate grooves
- Sculpt samples with the Analog Isolator
- Powerful and great-sounding Analog Isolator
- Reverb effect
- Record, manage, and download samples from volca sample’s dedicated iOS app
- With the KORG SYRO library included in the SDK, you can create your own tools with the interface that you design for your platform.
- Song mode allows more dynamic performances
- Reverse function plays sampled sounds backwards
- Convenient functions as found on the entire volca series
- Familiar and intuitive panel layout with numerous parameters to edit sounds and sequences
- Synchronized playback with other volca units, electribe, or DAW.
- MIDI In for sample trigger, sync and parameter changes from any MIDI device
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
The step sequencer is designed for ease of editing and to allow parts to be inserted or removed "on the fly." Use the 16 step keys to enter notes intuitively while maintaining visual confirmation of the timing of the notes in a measure. You can also record your performance in real time. Up to ten of the sequence patterns you create can be stored in internal memory.
Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
The motion sequence function records your knob movements, letting you add time-varying change to the sound. This is a great way to polish your loops, and also lets you generate highly original live performances. The volca sample is able to record all knob movements that are related to sound editing. This allows sophisticated editing that had been impossible for hardware samplers of this category.
Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert and remove steps
The Active Step function lets you skip steps during the sequence, and the Step Jump function lets you instantly play just the step that you're pressing. From short-loop effects to unimaginably irregular rhythms, these functions allow dynamic performances as though you were performing the sequence itself.
Swing function generates grooves
The Swing function adjusts the swing playback position, generating the distinctive groove of dance music styles such as hip-hop. As appropriate for the character of your song, you can shift between rushing and dragging the beat.
Analog Isolator provides powerful and great-sounding possibilities
Volca sample features a frequency isolator, which has become a powerful tool in the creation of numerous electronic genres. This lets you apply powerful changes to the sound and create development and breaks by boosting or cutting the low/high ranges. The isolator is implemented as an analog circuit, ensuring thick sound even in the flat position.
Reverb Per Part
The built-in reverb effect can be switched on/off for each part. The isolator and reverb can be used together, enhancing your live performance with possibilities such as cutting the low range and letting it fly.
Song mode for more dynamic performances
In a first for the volca series, a Song mode is featured. You can save up to six song patterns, each combining up to 16 sequences. This enables performance possibilities that are unique to the volca sample with its ability to play a diverse range of samples; for example you could play back together with another synchronized volca unit while dramatically changing the rhythm pattern of the volca sample.
Reverse function lets you play samples backward
The sample reverse playback that's indispensable for hip-hop is provided, and you can turn it on/off independently for each part. In addition to the 100 preloaded samples, you can use a dedicated, free iOS app to load your very own original user samples.
Introducing AudioPocket for Volca sample
Developers can now build their own data input tool for the volca sample using the software development kit (SDK). Previously you needed Korg’s iOS app if you wanted to use your own samples but now, with the KORG SYRO library included in the SDK, you can create your own tools with the interface that you design for your platform. Not only will this library unleash the potential to load samples and sequences, it will empower you to combine this code with other features you have made.