Developed with Serato, the Novation Dicer DJ Control Surface is a palm-sized cue point and looping controller which has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Novation Dicer always ships in pairs - one for each side.
Plug Dicer in, slot it on your turntable/CDJ, and you can instantly set cue points and use them to trigger Hot Cues. Or, flip Dicer into Auto-Loop or Loop Roll modes, to trigger loops, or roll sections of the track to create climaxes, drops and glitchy breaks. Each mode illuminates Novation Dicer's pads a different color, so you can instantly see what mode the pads in, even in dark clubs and venues.
Novation Dicer DJ Controller Features
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch dice buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation’s reusable DJ putty, your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato DJ: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato DJ, including Hot Cues, Auto Roll and Loop Roll.
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers
Novation Dicer can control all cue-point and looping functions in the current version of Serato DJ. This requires you to simply 'learn' cue-point and looping to Dicer's pads, using Scratch MIDI-learn function.
Dicer's buttons can also learn other software functions. So, you can assign different FX to the pads, or trigger samples over the top of your mix, or even browse tracks in your iTunes library!
Dicer DJ controller was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.