The BOOM offers the warmth and grit of analog in a digital world with DSP. Bring Your Passion To Life With Superior Sound Quality
Apogee BOOM USB Audio Interface Features
- Best in class sound quality - 35 years of Multi-award winning Apogee Analog and Digital engineering
- PureDIGITAL connection for up to 24-bit/192kHz recording
- Built-in hardware DSP - Print through the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin
- 1 balanced 1/4” instrument/line input
- 1 balanced mic/line/instrument Combi input
- 1 1/4” Zero ohm Headphone output
- Left/Right 1/4” balanced speaker outputs
- Totally portable and bus powered
- Apogee Loopback feature makes live streaming different audio sources easy
- Includes Apogee Control 2 software for macOS, iOS and Windows
- Includes Ableton Live Lite DAW (free license + download with registration)
- Recommended Recording software:
- Logic Pro X - macOS
- Ableton Live - macOS/Windows
- GarageBand - macOS/iOS
- Pro Tools - macOS/Windows
- FL Studio - macOS/Windows
- Reaper - macOS/Windows
- Cubase - macOS/Windows
- Nuendo - macOS/Windows
- Audacity - macOS/Windows
For almost four decades, Apogee has been perfecting the art of analog recording in a digital world. BOOM continues that legacy by focusing on the details and premium audio components - allowing your projects to stand out from the rest.
BOOM’s conversion stages employ high-end analog to digital and digital to analog components, not low-end codecs.
All inputs accept a professional-spec maximum input level of +18dBu, ensuring a pristine audio signal even with the loudest sources.
Mic preamps offer a class-leading 62 dB of gain, for capturing delicate sources with clarity.
BOOM’s zero-ohm headphone output provides an audiophile experience, able to drive even high-impedance “hi-fi” headphones with power, clarity and a perfectly balanced frequency response
Go with the Best Workflow:
BOOM is the first audio interface in its class to offer on-board hardware DSP. With the Symphony ECS Channel Strip (tuned by legendary mixer, Bob Clearmountain), you can sculpt your input sources with a 3-band EQ, compression and a drive knob that adds the warmth and grit of analog gear.
Build the Perfect Stream:
Create the perfect live streaming production with the on-board Mixer and Loopback mode. Allowing you to listen to your game, Spotify playlist, & chat notifications all at the same time and at the perfect level.
2 In - 2 Out:
BOOM comes with 2 Inputs and 2 outputs. Connect your mic and guitar, or synth to your inputs on the front and your speakers or headphones to your outputs on the back.
Touch and Go with iPad:
BOOM is compatible with any iOS device*, making it an ultra-portable solution for content creation on the go with your iPad Pro. Touch control of the ECS channel strip makes it easy to dial in a great sound.
The Road-Ready Sidekick:
BOOM’s compact and rugged design make it the perfect partner in crime for capturing content anywhere. Built with a steel casing and rubber pads along the base, BOOM is sure to stand the test of time.
Simply plug BOOM in with the included USB C cable to get started. No external power supply needed.
Record Right Away with Ableton Live Lite:
Bundled with BOOM is Ableton Live Lite, which is a fresh and easy way to write, record, produce and perform your own music. It includes essential workflows, instruments and effects for creating new sounds, recording ideas, performing on stage and much more.
Connection to Lightning devices requires Apple Camera Connection kit and a powered external USB Hub.