The AT-MONO3/LP cartridge features a strong, rigid body of die-cast aluminum alloy and synthetic resin to eliminate unnecessary vibrations. The AT-MONO3/LP is a high-output (1.2 mV) moving coil cartridge designed specifically for use with mono vinyl records.* Due to the horizontal configuration of its PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) voice coils, the AT-MONO3/LP cartridge only generates electrical signal with horizontal movement, yet it also has appropriate compliance in the vertical direction, making it safe for use with stereo records. The voice coils are wired in series, resulting in one mono signal that is transmitted to the cartridge’s white-blue terminals and red-green terminals in order to feed both inputs of a stereo phono preamp.
The cartridge’s low-mass 0.6 mil conical stylus is mounted on an aluminum cantilever for excellent tracking performance. Because the AT-MONO3/LP does not easily pick up unnecessary strain components from distorted or scratched records, it produces mono audio of a much higher quality than that generated by a stereo cartridge.
* This cartridge with 0.6 mil conical stylus is not compatible with SP (standard play) shellac records. It is designed to play mono microgroove 33-1/3 vinyl records.
Audio Technica ATMONO3LP Dual Moving Coil Cartridge Features
- Dual moving coil cartridge designed specifically for use with mono vinyl records*
- Aluminum cantilever with 0.6 mil conical stylus
- Strong, rigid body construction of die-cast aluminum alloy and synthetic resin
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
- Compatible with stereo playback systems
* This cartridge with 0.6 mil conical stylus is not compatible with SP (standard play) shellac records. It is designed to play microgroove 33-1/3 vinyl records.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.