The versatile U891Rb condenser boundary microphone features a touch-sensitive capacitive-type user switch that can be set to three modes: touch on/off, touch to talk, and touch to mute. The U891Rb is designed to deliver easy, flexible control in conference and boardroom installations. The phantom-powered microphone is equipped with a unique PivotPoint® rotating output connector and a two-state RGB LED status indicator.
UniGuard innovations offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference; additional interchangeable elements are available separately in omnidirectional (360°), cardioid (120°), and hypercardioid (100°) polar patterns; an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. The microphone’s heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, while threaded inserts on the bottom of the microphone allow it to be mounted with screws for increased security. The unit’s self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an external power module.
Audio-Technica U891Rb Cardioid Boundary Condenser Microphone Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- The capacitive touch switch can be set to any of three operating modes: touch on/off, touch to talk and touch to mute
- Integral, phantom-powered, two-state RGB LED indicator displays on/off status of microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Small-diameter UniPoint® element near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Available interchangeable elements permit angle of acceptance from 100° to 360°
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Threaded inserts on bottom of microphone allow it to be mounted with screws for increased security
U891Rb: cardioid polar pattern (120° acceptance angle); black finish.
U891RWb: cardioid polar pattern (120° acceptance angle); white finish.