Waza-Air Bass brings the revolutionary Waza-Air experience to all bass guitarists. Powered by breakthrough BOSS spatial technology and thanks to all-wireless connectivity, set up is quick and hassle-free, with no cables to get in your way. This inspiring system creates an incredibly natural and immersive environment for playing with headphones, using a gyro sensor that puts you in moving 3D space with your instrument. Choose from five expressive amplifier types and over 30 effects optimized for bass. Then practice solo, groove with the onboard acoustic drum patterns and metronome, or jam with music streamed from your smartphone.
Boss Waza Air Bass Wireless Headphone Bass Amp Features
A Breakthrough Bass Experience through Waza Innovation:
- Over-ear bass guitar sound system with wireless connectivity, premium amp and effect tones, Bluetooth audio streaming, and sound editing via your smartphone
- Advanced BOSS spatial technology and integrated gyro sensor deliver a deeply immersive playing experience with 3D ambience and dynamic sound localization
- Five unique amp types and over 30 customizable bass-tuned effects
- Play along with 10 acoustic drum grooves and an advanced metronome with 32 rhythm variations
- Integrated BOSS wireless technology provides exceptional sound quality with ultra-low latency
- Easy-to-use controls for bass guitar volume and Bluetooth audio playback, plus instant access to six user-configurable tone settings
- Large, custom-designed 50 mm drivers deliver premium audio quality with rich, full sound
- Conforming earpads ensure optimum driver performance for uncompromised bass guitar tone
- Versatile two-way design folds down for compact storage or flat transport in the pocket of your instrument bag
- Built-in rechargeable batteries with auto standby/wake function to conserve battery life
- Up to five hours of play time with the headphones and up to 12 hours with the included WL-T Transmitter
- Durable construction and metal parts with deluxe black chrome plating
- Wirelessly edit, organize, and download tones with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Unique onboard tuner function with audible tones that guide your tuning; visual chromatic tuner also available in the BOSS Tone Studio app
- Control effects and more with the optional EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal
- Optional CB-WZ-AIR case available for carrying the headphones, transmitter, and USB charging cable
Like Waza-Air has done for guitarists, Waza-Air Bass delivers a totally new personal playing solution for bassists through cutting-edge BOSS innovation. Far more than a simple headphone amp, Waza-Air Bass fuses premium amp, effects, and wireless technologies with dynamic 3D sound, delivering a unique bass amplification experience that’s never been available until now.
Satisfying and Inspiring:
Practicing bass at home through an amp can be problematic because low frequencies can travel through walls and disturb others. Using headphones is often a necessary solution, but the sound lacks the depth of the in-room experience. Waza-Air Bass changes that, restoring the natural dimension, resonance, and “moving air” feel that’s lost with traditional phones. An integrated gyro sensor tracks your head movements as you play, driving sophisticated 3D algorithms that provide spatial realism that must be heard to be believed. And it all happens automatically, so all you have to do is plug in and go!
Premium Amps and Effects, Tuned for Bass:
Waza-Air Bass comes with loads of great-sounding amps and effects, with full customization and ready-to-play presets available via the companion BOSS Tone Studio app. Five different bass amp types provide everything from clean and punchy modern sounds to vintage and driven tube-style voicings. There’s also a massive selection of bass-tuned effects to choose from, including staples like compressor, overdrive, EQ, and T-wah, rich modulation and ambience effects, and specialty sounds such as octave, bass synth, ring mod, and more. And with six onboard memories, you can store favorite setups and scroll through them with dedicated buttons.
Get Your Groove On:
With a wide range of onboard rhythms, your daily practice sessions with Waza-Air Bass are always fun and productive. Ten acoustic drum patterns are available, complete with easy BPM and reverb control in the BOSS Tone Studio app. There’s an advanced metronome too, with 32 rhythm variations that include triplets and odd meters like 5/4 and 7/4. You can store six different rhythm setups in the app, ready for quick recall when you want to jam.
Choose Your Space:
The advanced ambience setups in Waza-Air Bass provide three realistic environments to play in. Surround mode places the amp in a virtual room, providing an immersive experience like playing in a recording studio. Things get even more realistic with Static mode, where the combined amp and room sound changes depending on where you move your head. Stage mode lets you step into the spotlight, with the amp sound coming from a virtual backline behind you, along with the onboard acoustic drum patterns or music streamed from your phone over Bluetooth.
No Wires, No Hassle:
All audio connectivity with Waza-Air Bass is 100-percent wireless for a hassle-free experience. With the ability to move and play in complete freedom, you’ll never get tangled up or pull off your headphones by stepping on a cable. And thanks to advanced wireless tech inherited from BOSS’s acclaimed WL series, you’ll always enjoy premium sound quality and great playing feel with ultra-low latency. Auto standby and wake functions conserve battery life between playing sessions, minimizing the need to plug in and recharge.
High-Quality Sound and Rugged Build:
Equipped with large, custom-designed 50 mm drivers, Waza-Air Bass provides rich, full sound for both bass playing and music listening. The conforming earpads and wide headband are super-comfortable for extended playing sessions, while the rugged build ensures lasting durability for everyday practice and jamming. Waza-Air Bass folds down into a compact size for storage or sliding into the pocket of an instrument bag. An optional case is also available for securely carrying the headphones, WL-T transmitter, and USB charging cable in one package.