A compact version of the classic Electro-Harmonix Micro Q-Tron envelope controlled filter pedal known for its organic, analog sound and expressivity.
Envelope controlled filter is an effect type that ventures beyond the mainstream yet is equally at home in a wide range of genres and equally effective on guitar, bass, keys, horns and more. Electro-Harmonix is a pioneer in this effect category and has been making envelope-controlled filter pedals since the 1970s! The Nano Q-Tron springboards off that deep heritage.
Here’s how it works: The Nano Q-Tron responds to the user’s playing style and dynamics. The volume of the input signal it receives (also called the envelope) controls the cutoff or center frequency of a swept filter. This allows the Nano Q-Tron to create tone-altering effects ranging from subtle to dynamic, auto-wah to ultra-funky. It’s all about how you play and it’s super interactive.
Electro Harmonix Nano Q-Tron Envelope Filter Pedal Features
- Vol (Volume) knob which controls the pedal’s output volume
- Drive Control adjusts its filter sweep sensitivity and how the pedal responds to the user’s playing dynamics
- Q Control sets the peak bandwidth of the filter and determines how subtle or dramatic the effect will be
- LP BP HP Mode Switch controls what frequency range the filter will pass. LP (low pass) emphasizes the lows, BP (band pass) the midrange and HP (high pass) the highs
- Pedalboard friendly, compact, rugged enclosure
- True Bypass switching
- Comes equipped with a 9Volt battery and can also be powered by an optional 9Volt power supply