Epiphone PRO-1 Acoustic Guitar is here to rock your world!
Let's start with the basics. This guitar is specially designed with our fellow guitarists in mind. Behind its sleek and stylish exterior lies a soulful powerhouse waiting to unleash your inner rockstar. Crafted with the utmost care and attention to detail, this guitar is an absolute dream to strum. The smooth and resonant sound will enrapture both you and your audience, leaving them begging for more. That's why we've made the Epiphone PRO-1 Acoustic Guitar the epitome of playability. In fact, it's so easy to play that only air guitar could be considered easier!
Ask any player about learning guitar and you’ll often hear comments like: “I could never get it in tune,” “My fingers hurt too much,” and “It was hard to play so I just gave up.”
Epiphone listened—and the Epiphone PRO-1 Acoustic Collection provides the solution. Drawing on over 140 years of experience, Epiphone luthiers have re-invented the acoustic guitar to create an instrument that’s easy to get started on but sounds so good you’ll keep playing it all your life.
Say goodbye to the “learning guitar” blues and hello to the joy of playing music on a new family of fine instruments from Epiphone!
Learning Guitar Just Got Fun Again
The PRO-1 is a terrific first step into the world of guitar featuring all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough features. Epiphone, one of the world’s oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasn’t easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the player’s level. So Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly “PRO” guitar that’s easy to play, easy to own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound that Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 acoustic guitar is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a “who’s who” of professional players. And now it’s time to play!
Epiphone PRO-1 Steel String Acoustic Guitar Features
- Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1’s neck and you’ll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Epiphone’s new EZ-Profile neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
- Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, it’s easier to make string contact with the fret, creating less hand fatigue and finger friction.
- Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the “looser” the strings feel. Because the PRO-1’s scale length is almost 1” shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you don’t have to press hard to get good tone. And – since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
- Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
- No pain, no gain? Nonsense—Epiphone believes in “no pain.” Light gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
- Easy action. With Epiphone’s Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabilizes the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
Easy to Use
The PRO-1 is a dreadnought style acoustic guitar with a classic profile known for incredible volume and tonal range. While traditional-sized dreadnoughts can be difficult for a new player to get used to, the PRO-1 has a reduced body depth, which makes it easy to hold for long hours of playing.
Another Epiphone innovation is the PRO-1’s shorter scale neck with an EZ-Profile neck shape, which makes learning chords and licks easier. PRO-Ease Lubricant makes the neck feel smooth and “worn in” on your fingers, and JumboPRO frets make it easy to hold down Epiphone’s custom light gauge strings.