The ’68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender’s late-’60s silver-face amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the ‘custom’ channel has a modified Bassman tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals.
The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. While fitting a sweet spot between the Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb, in respect to power and size, the ’68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb’s dual 10 inch Celestion TEN 30 configuration and 35 watts of all-tube power deliver distinctive rock ‘n’ roll flavor.
Fender '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb Guitar Combo Amp Features
- Modified Vibrolux Reverb all-tube circuitry
- Shared reverb and tremolo on both channels
- ‘Vintage’ channel for traditional silverface tonality
- Modified ‘Custom’ channel with Bassman tone stack
- Reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity
- Hand-wired tube sockets
- Custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals)
- Genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb
- Genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo (‘vibrato’)
- 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender, but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum “drip edge” grille cloth trim, the Vibrolux Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the compact, gigready amp of choice for pros and amateurs everywhere.
The 1968 Vibrolux Reverb featured a unique 2x10 speaker configuration, which delivered snappy twang and big tube tone, while still incorporating world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Vibrolux Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender tone.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.