In 2020, for the first time, Eric’s 1954 Virginia Stratocaster will be replicated by Fender in limited numbers. With its rare rift/quartersawn sassafras body, lacquer finish, custom wiring and more, the Eric Johnson 1954 Virginia Stratocaster will thrill with its distinctive look and exceptional tone, a must-have for players and collectors alike!
Fender Stories Collection Eric Johnson ’54 “Virginia” Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features
- Fender Stories Collection instrument – these pay tribute to legendary musicians, their beloved modified Fender electric guitars and the extraordinary music they created together
- 2-Piece offset Sassafras body
- 1-Piece Quartersawn Soft “V” Maple neck and maple fingerboard
- DiMarzio HS-2 pickup (Only Top-Coil Active) in the bridge position
- Original ‘57/’62 Single-Coil Strat pickups in the middle and neck positions
- 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo bridge with Graph Tech High-E Saddle
- Custom Eric Johnson Graphic Neck Plate
- Masking Tape with Final Assembler’s Initials and Date Completed Inside Cavity
- Includes hard shell case
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Eric Johnson already had his 1954 “Virginia” Stratocaster when he recorded ‘Tones’ (1987 Grammy for best Rock Instrumental Performance) and the Platinum ‘Ah Via Musicom’ (1991 Grammy for best Rock Instrumental Performance) - groundbreaking albums that made him a hero to music fans and guitarists alike. To this day, Eric continues to release brilliant music, tour constantly and is, to the electric guitar community, a savant and widely followed tastemaker.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.