Now in its second generation, the Focusrite ISA 428 MkII incorporates four of their renowned mic pres in a simple-to-operate 2U rack enclosure, placing four mic preamps, instrument inputs and line ins at your fingertips. The original Focusrite mic pre was designed to suit the microphones of the time; today’s model makes a small change, adding three additional input impedances to the classic ISA110 setting, allowing you to match any microphone, old or new, and access a wide range of sounds, from the character and warmth of a vintage mic to the clear transparency of a modern design. Or you can experiment and bring out just the qualities you want.
Focusrite Pro ISA 428 MkII Microphone Preamp Features
- Four ISA series transformer-based preamps - ISA series mic preamps have been the producers' choice on countless hit records over the last two decades.
- Eight-channel optional A-D converter - Four additional A-D converter inputs allow eight channels of high quality conversion, with a dynamic range of 122dB and jitter performance below 250 picoseconds.
- Selectable impedance - Ideal for mic matching or extended microphone creativity. Settings include the 'Vintage ISA110' setting, providing the original Focusrite signature sound.
- Four front panel instrument inputs - Instant access on the front fascia - no separate DI box required.
- Dedicated analogue insert points - Switchable insert points are featured on every channel, allowing routing (between preamp and output) through additional external processing.
- Accurate LED meters for every channel - Clear metering designed to catch even the fastest and most elusive of transients.
In addition to the mic inputs, there are four front-panel instrument inputs, making the Focusrite ISA 428 MkII ideal for overdubs in the control room with no need for a DI box. On the back: four line inputs and switchable insert points on each channel to allow routing via external signal processors. There’s also a versatile, vintage design variable high-pass filter to control what’s going on at the bass end. And finally… accurate, 6-LED meters to tell you exactly what’s going down. Optionally available for the Focusrite ISA428 MkII is a precision eight-channel A-D converter with 122dB dynamic range and superb jitter performance – ideal for simple interfacing with your DAW.
Focusrite’s ISA mic preamps can be traced back to 1985, when console designer Rupert Neve was asked by Sir George Martin to create new modules for the console at AIR Montserrat. The modules he created included the legendary ISA110, on which all ISA microphone preamps are based. With their characteristic Lundahl LL1538 input transformer, along with one concession to modernity – variable input impedance – ISA mic preamps are very much the same as they were 30 years ago. But today, instead of solely gracing the consoles at AIR, ISA mic pres are at the heart of hundreds of hits made in leading studios and by leading engineers, artists and producers, across the world.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.