Whether you use it on stage or in the studio, the Friedman IR-X will give your sound a full spectrum of tones and control that will make other amps jealous. Built with two channels and a powerful tube preamp, this pedal is capable of producing the highest quality sounds imaginable - from vintage tube-driven blues to scorching high-gain metal. The Friedman IR-X provides its users with expressiveness and control never before seen inside such a small package.
Friedman IR-X Dual Tube Preamp & DI - Simple All-Tube Direct Solution
- A true Friedman tube preamp and IR Technology all in a compact package
- Powered by two high-voltage 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2 independent & tweakable boost channels, essentially giving you 4 different channels
- 2 independent channels each with their own EQ toggles for tonal versatility
- Comes loaded with Dave Friedmans favorite IR Cabs
- IR Cab digital editor for further customization or to load your own IR cabs
- Headphone output to play silently without disturbing roommates or neighbors
- FX Loop to integrate your favorite effects
- Can route your favorite dirt boxes directly into the Preamp
- Route DI to the front of house or your favorite DAW
- Use a live cab by utilizing the FX Send and still use the IR out simultaneously
- Boost and Gain trim pots on the side of the pedal
- MIDI and ground lift located on rear panel
All-Tube Preamp, IR Technology, Compact Size
The Friedman IR-X dual-channel tube preamp is an entire Friedman rig in a compact pedalboard-friendly package. Powered by two high-voltage 12AX7 preamp tubes, each channel delivers the harmonic richness and touch response of Dave Friedman's finest designs. DSP IR cabinet/power amp simulation sends a studio-quality mic'd-up tone to your DAW or Front-of-House. The IRX provides easy-to-use controls without complex menus and 100-page manuals.
All-Tube Friedman Tone
IR-X isn't simulating a Friedman tube preamp. It is one. While many available preamp pedals utilize tubes to 'warm up' their digital or solid-state circuit, two glowing hot 12AX7 preamp tubes, running at the proper high voltage, are this pedal's beating heart. A genuine preamp in every way, IR-X delivers all the tone, response, gain characteristics, and harmonic complexity you expect from a Friedman design.
2 Independent Channels with Boost
IR-X boasts two fully independent foot-switchable channels. Like the famed Friedman flagship amps, channel one takes your tone from bluesy, British-voiced cleans to a muscular Plexi-style roar. Engage channel two for the Friedman signature higher-gain voice and all the percussive punch, note clarity and singing sustain that comes with it.
Dual Independent Boosts
Both channels feature their own independent and highly tweakable Boost circuits. This essentially gives you four channels, accessible with the tap of your toe.
Impulse Response Cabinet and Power Amp Simulation
All great tube amps need a great speaker cabinet, and whether sending your signal straight to the board or silently playing through the onboard headphone output, IR-X gives you a selection of Dave Friedman’s favorite IRs. Select the IR per channel using the 3-way mini toggle switches or load your own quickly and easily via IR-X’s editing software. You can even disengage the onboard IRs entirely to use IR-X’s tube preamp with another IR loader.
12 Friedman Cabinet IRs Included:
The IR-X software includes 12 free Friedman IRs to choose from. The first three listed below are the ones which are factory set to the hardware.
- 6402 57 121: Dave Friedman's favorite 4x12 cab in bare wood. This is Dave's primary workshop cab and has been used to voice his amplifiers since the very beginning. It's fitted with four 6402 Greenback speakers and was captured with an SM57 and R-121 for a nice balance of cut and body.
- V30: Stock Friedman 4x12 closed-back cabinet, loaded with four Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. Captured with a single SM57 and API preamp for a pure, punchy sound.
- 1980B V30 GB: A rare UK model 4x12 cab from the 80’s rock era. This 1980B “Bass” cabinet is loaded with British Greenback in the top and V30’s in the bottom. This blend of speakers and careful micing creates a huge tone with a massive sound with big bottom and cutting top end.
Flexible Rig Intergration
The IR-X’s transparent effects loop allows you to easily integrate your favorite effects with everything from the most straightforward setups to the most complex digitally controlled rigs.
All-In-One: IR-X's surprisingly compact size turns your pedalboard into your entire rig. Run your favorite dirt pedals and filters directly into the IR-X's input as you would with any amplifier, and place your favorite time-based effects in the effects loop. Now send all that tone directly to the board with the stunning-sounding benefits of IR technology.
Standalone Preamp: Do you want all the benefits of IR-X's all-tube preamp section but prefer a live cabinet onstage? No problem. Simply connect the effects loop Send to your time-based effects and then to your amps power section. You can still send the IR output to the console to avoid the hassles of live mic'ing the cabinet (see manual for details).