The Lindell Audio Lin2A – the premier vintage-style leveling amp on the market. This meticulously-crafted piece of equipment has been designed to faithfully reproduce all the tonal qualities and ease of use of a classic dynamics processor, while simultaneously delivering more modern features and increased versatility. With its simple control system, you'll be able to get precisely the sound you're looking for quickly and easily.
Thanks to its superlative Black Lion T4BLA opto element, it can effortlessly deliver transparent level-smoothening for silky vocals... or add a bit of the bite and weight to bass and kick tracks.
‘2A-style compression forgoes the conventional ratio, attack, and release controls of other compressors in favor of a simple 2-knob interface with program-dependent responsiveness. In short: you couldn’t make it sound bad if you tried.
The Lindell Audio lin2a compressor is 60 Years of History in your Studio, Today.
- Compress: A gentler compression setting of roughly 3:1. Note that in the ‘2A compression style, compression is variable depending on the dynamic range of the program material. Higher Peak Reduction values result in slightly higher compression ratios.
- Limit: A hard limiter with a ∞:1 ratio.
What about Attack/Release?
- Part of the allure of ‘2A-style compression is its ease of use, thanks in no small part to its hardwired attack and release settings. Expect it to sound great with no fuss.
- Attack time is incredibly fast at around 10 milliseconds. About 1/40th the time it takes to blink.
- Release time is dependent opon the amount of compression applied by the Peak Reduction control, and can range anywhere from half a second to five seconds for total release.
- Making sure that the meter returns to zero is important to the Lin2A’s functionality. This is controlled the the master calibration set screw on the back of the unit.
- To calibrate, set the Metering Mode to Gain Reduction and ensure that no audio is passing through the unit. Then, using a flathead screwdriver, rotate the screw on the rear panel until the needle rests on 0.
- Voila! Meter calibrated.
The T4BLA Optocell
- The LiN2A features a custom-designed Black Lion Audio T4BLA Optocell. It yields sublime transparency and smooth gain reduction due to highly selective trimming of its photocell.
Lindell Audio Lin2A Vintage Leveling Amplifier Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- True tube-driven optical compression and limiting
- Superb Black Lion T4BLA Opto Element for smooth gain reduction andtransparency
- USA-made transformer
- Quick, effortless two-knob user interface for instant results
- Dynamically responsive Compress mode (3:1) and hard Limiter (:1) mode
- Ultra-fast attack and level-dependent release
- Vintage-style VU for monitoring
- Balanced input and output
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.