We have constructed a Music Man pickup that captures the feel and warmth of the originals. All the vintage ‘70s Music Man tone can be found in this version, which uses oversized alnico 5 rod magnets, together with our unique coil windings, to deliver an extended response at both the treble and bass ends of the frequency spectrum. Compared with the ceramic version, this pickup is both warmer on the bottom, and more detailed on the top. This is the tone that changed funk, rock, and slap forever.
Available in 4-string configurations and are drop-in replacement pickups for 4-string Music Man Stingray basses. These pickups may fit into OLP instruments as well, but check the dimensions of our pickup (on this site) against the size of your OLPs pickup slot to be sure. Combine with our Music Man replacement preamp for a complete setup. NOTE: not for use with Music Man basses that have a 3-way blade switch.
Hand built in Santa Barbara, CA, our alnico Music Man replacement pickup uses oversized alnico 5 rod magnets, Forbon flatwork, 4-conductor leadwire, and is vacuum wax potted for squeal free operation.
Seymour Duncan SMB-4A 4-String Alnico Music Man Bass Pickup Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Unique coil windings reproduce the character and warmth of 1970s Music Man Stingray basses
- Oversized Alnico 5 rod magnets crank out loads of warm bottom end and detailed highs
- Constructed with Forbon vulcanized-fiber flatwork for classic sound and performance
- Wax potted for a squeal-free, clear signal at all times
- Not designed for use with Music Man basses that have 3-way blade switches
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.