Whether you’re picking at home or keeping up with a drummer, the Gremlin dishes out enough vintage-vibe to inspire. There’s nothing quite like the sounds of a cranked-up blackface or tweed-era guitar amplifier; but, getting those tones at the reduced volume levels modern players often encounter has been increasingly difficult. Until now. Introducing the Tone King Gremlin 1x12” 5-watt all-tube combo.
Tone King Gremlin Guitar Amplifier Tube Combo Features
- Rhythm and Lead channels are voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Rhythm offers more headroom, while Lead is a more driven voice
- Select your input or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
- Reactive load reacts and feels just like your amp at any volume
- Get the same tone whether performing live or playing quietly
- Custom-voiced Celestion 870 12" speaker
- Compact cabinet engineered for clear highs and a big low end
- Convenient size is perfect gigging guitarists
- Baltic Birch USA construction
- Tubes: 1 x KT66 and 2 x 12AX7
The Gremlin amp’s two inputs and simple control layout make finding your tone an intuitive process. Plug into the Rhythm channel for a more blackface tone with bell-like highs and increased headroom. Or maybe the Lead input’s tweed-style drive is more your flavor. Thanks to our very own Ironman II power attenuator, on the back, you’re able to enjoy all of the juicy goodness of maxed power tubes at a level that won’t wake the neighbors. If you're drawn to the American-side of cranked vintage amps, your tone is in the Gremlin.
Vintage U.S. Amp Tones:
It's brilliant, the variety of tones you’ll get from this unassuming combo tube amp. Whether you prefer cleaner tones as a pedal platform, or live for pushing your amp into sweet-sounding overdrive, the Gremlin’s got it. Plug in an optional A/B/Y footswitch, and it’s all yours on-demand.
Onboard Ironman II Power Attenuator:
Even at 5-watt, the Gremlin is plenty powerful to keep up with most drummers. But we put our Ironman reactive load power attenuator right onboard to get that same sweet amp drive at bedroom levels. Experience the screaming tube tone we all crave, at a volume everyone will agree on.
Deceptively Massive Tone:
Tone King has gone through great lengths to design a cabinet and custom Celestion 12" 870 speaker that deliver the wide dynamic range of a larger tube amp, while always retaining the Gremlin’s vintage character. All in a size that will easily fit in your car, bedroom, or even a cramped performance stage.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.