The 710 Twin Finity uniquely combines both the classic retro warmth of UA tube design and the transient bite of solid-state.
Housed in a 2 rack space, half-rack, all-metal chassis, the 710 Twin Finity was created specifically to add the tonal versatility and sonic inspiration missing from generic audio interface preamps. Versatility makes the 710 Twin Finity the perfect preamp partner for any mic collection. Plus, the discrete JFET DI input circuit can also easily handle any electric instrument. Guitar and bass players will especially appreciate the 710s ability to bring out the best of both active and passive pickups.
Universal Audio 710 Twin Finity Features
- Twin Finity Tone-Blending Mic/Line Preamp & Hi-Z Instrument DI
- Dual-Path 310 volt Class-A Tube and Transimpedance Solid State Preamp
- Phase-Aligned Tone-Blending of Tube and Solid State
- Dual Gain Stages: Wire with Gain to Creamy to Crunchy
- Discrete JFET DI with 2.2M ohm Ultra Hi-Z impedance
- Monolithic Balanced Output Stage
- 70dB+ of gain, +48V Phantom, Pad(-15dB), Phase Invert, and Low Cut Filter(75Hz)
- Output and Drive backlit VU metering
- Portable, Rack-Mountable design for Studio, Desktop or Stage
- 19 inch Rack Kit Included
- Front Panel Hi-Z Input (switched from Mic/Line automatically via Jack Detect)
- Rear Panel XLR Mic Input, XLR Line Input and XLR Line Output
- Universal Internal Power Supply
- Heavy-Duty Metal Construction, Designed and Made in the USA
The key to its sonic flexibility lies in its innovative circuit design, featuring a solid-state transimpedance input amp simultaneously driving separate, phase-aligned tube and solid-state gain stages, which are then summed to a single output.. The mix between the 310 volt single-ended class-A triode tube stage and solid-state transimpedance stage is controlled via the Blend Knob. Blending is continually variable between 100% tube and 100% solid-state offering a practically infinite range of unique pre-amp tones and the ability to easily dial-in your own signature sound.
Like all our other preamp designs, the 710 Twin Finity features dual gain-stage controls (Gain/Level) which can radically vary the amount of coloration and distortion by allowing you to crank up the input gain like a guitar amp. The VU meter features a unique Drive mode allowing you to see how hard you are driving the input stage.