Victory Amplifiers is excited to update the compact range with wooden sleeve heads across all families. Renowned for their exceptional craftsmanship and unbeatable portability, our customers now have the option to choose between our classic lunchbox style heads or the all-new wooden sleeved heads for the V40 Duchess. One of our most beloved amp families, the Duchess is perfect for vintage-style American cleans to vintage British break-up.
The Lunchbox Range has always been revered for its compact size, easy portability, and impressive performance. And now, with the introduction of wooden sleeves, the decision is in the hands of the player. The wooden sleeve versions come complete with leather corners, leather handles, and laser-cut Victory logos, maintaining the timeless Victory aesthetic and adding a touch of hand built class to your setup.
Great with your pedals too. The Duchess is a single channel amplifier with two voices; Voice 1 offers mid-’60-type American warm clean tones. Voice II is subtly stronger and more ’50s in character. As you push the gain and engage the Mid-Kick function, the V40 takes on a more ’60s British voice for timeless blues-rock tones. All the time the V40 responds to your guitar, responds to you: it’s one for the ‘feel’ players.
All the features and sounds from the original V40 Duchess are present but there are leather corners, a leather handle and a deluxe Victory logo, adding an extra layer of British hand made quality to the family.
Victory V40 Duchess Guitar Amplifier Head in Sleeve Features
- The Voice Switch enables you to go from clean, ‘60s California tones toa driven mid-‘60s British overdrive
- Voice II features a strengthen midrange at the input for more punch and cut
- Mid Kick switch gives the Middle pot in the EQ section even more juice so the more you crank the knob the more it pushes overdriven sounds, especially with humbuckers
- A hard-bypassable Series FX Loop so wet effects can go after the preamp sections of the amp
- Built-in digital reverb that sits somewhere between a plate and a hall-type sound, also hard-bypassable so it can be totally removed from the circuit
- Preheat switch enables you to use the full wattage available or cut the power to around 7 watts for when you want that classic Victory tone without upsetting the neighbors
- Single-Ended Mode lets you cut the power even further by selecting just one of the two power tubes, low power and single-ended mode together take the output down to below 1 watt RMS
- Three 12AX7 preamp tubes and two EL34 power tubes