A powerful compact amplifier with amazing sound - the Victory VX Head MKII Compact Sleeve! This amp gives you 50 watts of power with two channels of gain that give you British-inspired rhythm tones and tight, aggressive, searing American high-gain sounds. With the Victory VX Head MKII, you can finally have the perfect amp to practice with, play live for your fans, and jam with your friends.
But we have added a Clean mode to the Gain I Channel, this can be footswitched or there is a three way switch on the front panel to go between the three options. There is also a presence control and shift, assignable dual master volume, rear bias outputs and a gain 1 balance control. As with all Victory products, the Kraken MKII is designed and handbuilt in England.
Victory VX Head MKII Compact Sleeve Features
- Clean, Gain I, & Gain II: Taking the original Kraken’s Gain I (British inspired) and Gain II (US inspired) channel design, we have added a Clean mode. This adds extra versatility and can be engaged by footswitch or the front panel.
- Powerful EQ: Plenty of tone-sculpting potential, plus a presence control that works in the power section to set the overall bite just how you like it.
- Independent Master Volumes: There are two master volume controls, one for each channel and these are footswitchable. The master volume assign switch can switch the volume controls to be set globally across channels or to their originally gain I/gain II channel.
- Bass Focus Switch: This is much more than a bass EQ. It works in the power section of the amp, offering either a tighter, more focused bottom end, or conversely more loose and resonant depending on your needs and tastes.
- Presence Switch: Located on the back this switch changes the brightness of the presence control, pushed in and the sound will be slightly brighter as it reduces negative feedback in the higher frequencies.
- Effects Loop: A series effects loop is available for effects fans. It’s completely out of the circuit when bypassed.
- Clean/Gain I Balance Control: Clean and Gain I modes have the same gain control which can create volume differences when switching between. We have added a pot on the back to fine tune the levels between these two modes to add extra flexibility.
- External Bias Test Points: No need to fiddle about inside when you change output valves. The VX Kraken will be fitted with 6L6’s as standard but can be biased to use EL34’s too.