Victory Amplification is excited to update the VX The Kraken to include a wooden sleeved version to the compact family. The VX kraken is a two channel monster of classic rock and high gain sounds! Designed in conjunction with Rabea Massaad, this is for the gain addicts, VX The Kraken pushes all the boundaries of what you can expect from a ‘small’ amp. It’ll even travel as hand luggage when you fly.
Renowned for their exceptional craftsmanship and unbeatable portability, our customers now have the option to choose between our classic lunchbox style heads or the all-new wooden sleeved heads for the VX Kraken. There are tons of features and sounds crammed into this tiny box, two channels, assignable dual master volume controls, bass focus, low power mode and footswitch capabilities to name a few!
The Kraken has two distinct channels, Gain I begins with British-inspired drive; plenty of hair and friendly mids to suit anything from classic rock to metal. Gain II is tighter and more aggressive with a more modern midrange voice. The Kraken can run either EL34 or 6L6 power valves. They offer subtly different tonal characteristics in terms of power stage overdrive and also overall frequency response.
All the features and sounds from the original VX Kraken are present but there are leather corners, a leather handle and a deluxe Victory logo, adding an extra layer of British hand made quality to the family.
Victory VX Kraken Guitar Amplifier Head Features
- Two footswitchable Gain modes, Gain I for a modded British rock sound and Gain II for Victory’s unique take on contemporary American high gain tones
- Two footswitchable Master volumes for control and consistency when switching between the two Gain channels
- Bass Focus switch changes the negative feedback in the power amp for a more focused low end when engaged or a more loose and resonant tone when not
- Preheat switch cuts power from 50 watts to 15
- Single-Ended mode cuts power even more by allowing you to chose to use just one of the two power tubes for an even lower volume output and more compression (around 9-12 watts when engaged)
- Series Effects Loopso you can add pedals to your chain after the power section of the amp
- Comes with two 6L6 power tubes but is compatible with EL34 tubes