The Allen and Heath ME-1 Personal Monitor Mixer gives the musician or performer more control over their mix than any other system of its kind! Each performer can be given a tailored setup that works perfectly for them, from the simplest of controls to way in depth functions to satisfy even the pickiest artists. Allen & Heath designed the ME-1 to be both intuitive and elegant while providing simple controls, clear visual feedback and custom naming for instant familiarity!
ME-1 is the cornerstone of the Allen and Heath ME Personal Mixing System and is ready to use with the iLive and GLD series digital mixers. ME-1 is complemented by the ME-U hub, which opens up the benefits of ME to users of other professional digital mixers via Dante, EtherSound or MADI. The ME-1 personal mixer also has an Aviom compatibility mode for use with Aviom Pro16 systems.
Allen and Heath ME-1 Personal Monitor Mixer Features
16 assignable user keys
- Fully customizable for simple setups or picky artists
- 16 user presets allow you to store and recall levels, pan, mutes and key assignments at the touch of a button
- Mix up to 40 sources
- Built-in ambient mic allows you to here the stage, audience and other musicians
- Intuitive operation
- OLED screen provides a clear display of level and pan for the selected source, system setup and more
- Compact, smart design
- Individual sources, groups or masters can be muted
- Use the Solo key to meter and listen to just their contribution to the mix
- Compatible with MADI, Dante or EtherSound
- Daisy chain or use standard PoE Ethernet hubs
- 16 assignable keys to suit application
- Minijack and 1/4-inch headphone outputs with powerful, discrete amplifier design
- 1/4 inch TRS balanced line out (mix only, no ambient mic)
- Stereo input for MP3 players or click tracks
- USB port for firmware updates, archiving/transferring individual presets or the full configuration
- Mount on top of a mic stand with the built-in 3/8 inch insert, or mount on the side of the stand with the supplied bracket
Backlit rubber keys make ME-1 controls perfectly visible in the dark. The 16 user keys can be assigned to a single source (mono or stereo) or to a Group, with all the convenience of pressing a single button no matter what you want to control - the vocalist mic, a stereo pair or the whole drumkit. Preset store/recall can be enabled or disabled per key to present only the control that is needed.
16 user presets
Levels, pan, mutes and key assignments can all be stored and recalled at the touch of a button. Presets for different bands and application scenarios can be conveniently copied to USB key or the whole configuration saved. Ideal for archiving or quick transferring to other units.
Groups make it possible to mix up to 40 sources with only 16 keys. They also save a lot of buses at the main console: whereas other personal monitor systems rely on subgroups and pre-mixes sent from the console, Allen and Heath ME-1 has the sophistication to do it all on-board whilst remaining easy to use.
It helps to know which source you are tweaking! ME-1 can display custom names for all channels and groups. When coupled with an Allen & Heath GLD system using dSNAKE, the ME-1 does the work for you by picking up source names automatically from the stream.
One knob controls everything
A single, large rotary control beneath the display is used to access and navigate all of ME-1’s most commonly used functions and menus, including:
Built-in ambient mic
- Input control of level and pan
- Group control of master level
- Level/pan for each member of the group
- Control of master EQ and limiter
- Global Trim (simultaneously adjusts all channel levels to prevent running the mix too hot)
With ME-1, musicians are not isolated from the rest of the stage. The ambient mic keeps them in touch with the stage sound and lets them hear the audience and communicate with each other without the need to pull out their ear pieces. The local mic level is independent of the master level control.
Link In / Out
Secure and reliable EtherCon connectors for daisy chaining or star topology using ME-U or off-the-shelf Ethernet switches for any number of ME-1 mixers.
Allen and Heath ME-1 can be powered via Cat5 using a PoE switch or the ME-U hub, or mains powered using the included power supply.