Compatible with Pro Tools; Mackie Provides Power Mixing to Your Stage or Studio!
The Mackie Onyx 1620i Firewire recording mixer combines the benefits of a powerful computer interface with the tactile, hands-on control of a premium analog mixer. Equipped with eight premium precision engineered studio grade Onyx microphone preamps, the Onyx 1620i is great for live sound reinforcement or studio recording, all in a durable road-worthy package.
Channels 1 and 2 feature high impedance instrument/line level inputs so you can connect an acoustic, electric or bass guitar directly into the mixer eliminating the need for an external direct box.
Mackie Onyx 1620i Firewire Mixer Features
Recording and Mixing
- Premium 16 channel super compact analog mixer with integrated FireWire I/O
- Includes free download of Tracktion software for Mac or PC
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs, including:
- Pro Tools
- Ableton Live
- Final Cut Pro
- 8 mono channels (mono mic and mono line inputs)
- 4 stereo channels (stereo line inputs)
- 8 Onyx mic preamps with sound comparable to boutique preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ iwth sweepable mids on mono channels
- 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
- Flexible FireWire routing with up to 16 channels pre/post EQ
- Aux sends and master L/R routable to computer
- Monitoring routable to the control room or channels 15 and 16
- 4 independent aux sends with separate pre/post switches
- Selectable instrument inputs on first two channels-no DI box needed
- Individual 48 volt phantom power switches on all microphone inputs
- Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
- Planet-Earth switching power supply for worldwide use
- Optional rack kit available
Send all channels, aux sends or the master L/R straight to your computer for recording. Pre/post EQ taps on every channel allow you to integrate our renowned Perkins EQ into the record path. Plus, returns from your DAW are assignable to the control room section or straight back into a channel for mix integration.
Powerful Effects Engine
With all aux sends routable to your DAW, Onyx-i allows you to use your favorite plug-in as a realtime effect. Just route an aux send to your DAW, apply the plug-in and assign your DAW outputs to the control room or to a channel strip for instant integration into the mix.
Live sound recording could not be simpler with Onyx-i. The ability to record individual channels either wet or dry allows for studio quality multi-track recordings for later editing and mixdown. Or simply record the main mix, allowing for immediate creation of CDs right at the gig. Compatible with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools
, Logic, SONAR, Cubase, Ableton Live and Final Cut Pro.
All SRM, DLM, HD, C Speakers, PPM Mixers, HRmk2 Studio Monitors: 3-year inclusive of electronics, 2-year drivers (where applicable), nontransferable;
Thump, S500 Speakers, Onyx Mixers and Interfaces, DL, VLZ4, ProFX mixers, MRmk3 Studio Monitors, Big Knob, MCU Pro Series, SP260, FRS Series Amplifiers, Mixer Bags/Covers/Hardware, Loudspeaker Bags/Covers/Hardware: 1-year nontransferable; B-Stock items, 90 days.