The Flagship ONYXi Mixer Compatible with All DAWs including Pro Tools!
The Mackie Onyx 1640i Firewire recording mixer combines the benefits of a powerful computer interface with the tactile, hands-on control of a premium analog mixer. Equipped with 16 premium precision engineered studio grade Onyx microphone preamps, the Onyx 1640i is great for live sound reinforcement or studio recording, all in a durable road-worthy package.
Channels 1 and 2 feature high impedance instrument/line level inputs so you can connect an acoustic, electric or bass guitar directly into the mixer eliminating the need for an external direct box.
Mackie Onyx 1640i Firewire Mixer Features
Recording and Mixing
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Includes free download of Tracktion software for Mac or PC
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs, including:
- Pro Tools
- Ableton Live
- Final Cut Pro
- 16 Onyx boutique quality microphone preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
- Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing including aux sends and groups
- Pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, basses, etc.
- Individual 48 volt phantom power switches on all microphone inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external microphone
- Planet-Earth switching power supply for worldwide use
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation - rack ears included
Send all channels, aux sends or the master L/R straight to your computer for recording. Pre/post EQ taps on every channel allow you to integrate our renowned Perkins EQ into the record path. Plus, returns from your DAW are assignable to the control room section or straight back into a channel for mix integration.
Powerful Effects Engine
With all aux sends routable to your DAW, Onyx-i allows you to use your favorite plug-in as a realtime effect. Just route an aux send to your DAW, apply the plug-in and assign your DAW outputs to the control room or to a channel strip for instant integration into the mix.
Live sound recording could not be simpler with Onyx-i. The ability to record individual channels either wet or dry allows for studio quality multi-track recordings for later editing and mixdown. Or simply record the main mix, allowing for immediate creation of CDs right at the gig. Compatible with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools
, Logic, SONAR, Cubase, Ableton Live and Final Cut Pro.
All SRM, DLM, HD, C Series Speakers, all PPM Mixers, all HRmk2 Studio Monitors: 3-year inclusive of electronics, 2-year drivers (where applicable), nontransferable.
Thump and S500 Series Speakers, all Onyx Mixers and Recording Interfaces, all DL, VLZ4, ProFX mixers, all MRmk3 Studio Monitors, Big Knob, all MCU Pro Series, SP260, all FRS Series Amplifiers, Mixer Bags/Covers/Hardware, Loudspeaker Bags/Covers/Hardware: 1-year all inclusive, nontransferable