The Director is a premium direct box which converts a line, instrument or speaker level signal to low impedance balanced mic level. Featuring 1/4 inch inputs and an XLR output, you will find many uses in the studio and on stage for this essential accessory for any musician. Always use the Director for long cable runs from your guitar, keyboard, etc to your mixer or recorder to ensure a high quality signal and elimination of hum.
Whirlwind Director Features
What is a direct box?
- 1/4 inch parallel wired in/out jacks
- Ground lift switch to help eliminate hum and fuzz
- 30dB pad switch for selecting between line/instrument or speaker levle input signals
- Switchable high cut filter to eliminate amplifier noise
- Uses Whirlwind's TRHL-M transformer with metal shield
Direct boxes are often referred to as DI
boxes. This stands for Direct Injection
as their main purpose is to convert unbalanced and/or high impedance instrument signals into a format suitable for direct connection to a mixing console - without the use of a microphone. In 1981, Whirlwind developed and produced the first commercially available Direct Box in the audio industry.